Mieruko-chan - Vol. 9 Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
Damn, as someone who also lost a parent, this chapter hits me quite hard. I wish she can talk to her dad at some point, but . . . . Theres this saying "when you stare into abyss it stares back at you" which means if she starts talking to her dad, others would probably TRIES to make her notice or talk to them as well which make it a more living hell. Also Im still wondering why her dad is the only ghost that looks 100% human. Is this because thats how she last remember him?

Also, Im so 🗿🗿🗿 when julia tries to exorcise her dad 🗿🗿🗿
fr I literally bruh'd when she tried to exorcise him

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the Dad is the protecting spirit and the animal is the local god that's enshrined in their home Kamidana. So the God acts as a protector of the home and is not harmful to Miko and her friends. But does go after direct threats against their home in terms of spirits. Which is probably why we rarely see anything other than those two around.

Dex-chan lover
So...it's absurd that no one thinks Michiru is weird, no matter what she does, just because she's pretty. Isn't it for nothing that Miko lives in agony, no one ever stops and asks if she's okay, because everyone is an idiot?~:shamihuh:
I think every character who has encountered Michiru and talked to her more than about a minute thinks she is weird. It's just that she's weird in ways that look like they affect herself, and not the people around her. So, being polite to her seems sufficient, and she's generally polite back.

And almost everybody who knows Meiruko knows that she sometimes freezes and lightly panics for no reason at all, but says she's perfectly fine afterwards.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
The Valentine's pic in the credits, I really like that it forms a heart.

I feel like the Dad is the protecting spirit and the animal is the local god that's enshrined in their home Kamidana. So the God acts as a protector of the home and is not harmful to Miko and her friends. But does go after direct threats against their home in terms of spirits. Which is probably why we rarely see anything other than those two around.
Weren't there is some ghost in their bathroom on early chapter?

Fed-Kun's army
Weren't there is some ghost in their bathroom on early chapter?
Not all ghost/spirits are harmful, some just minding their own business, some have role in the spirit/ghost/supernatural ecosystem (Leading freshly dead ghost into afterlife, etc). And wouldnt it weird to have her dad and the dog/horse in the bathroom with her naked.

Dex-chan lover
The dad aspect sure is quite the feels trip every time. Really wonder how that will be resolved and help her grow and understand what she is seeing

also, really rooting for the yuri ship with Michiru :p maybe tentacles can be added to the fun ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread