My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
plant.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Angie was looking cute in that dress.

Ending the chapter on a "I'll kill them all". Scary. I can't wait to see how that turns out!

Double-page supporter
It'll be a few years if ever. But. I wanna see this in anime so, so much.

Dex-chan lover
It would be a terrible disfavor to the young man to go easy on him in a match in which he would not be killed nor seriously injured, as he would subsequently be inclined to overestimate his prowess.

Dex-chan lover
I am confused, why would author suddenly decide to make him slip there? He has already been established as someone good enough to beat them without "accidental drunken kung fu fighting" tropes, so it wasn't needed to force a win that way. While he has also been shown as someone capable enough to not simply slip on nothing when prepared. Were he trying to actually be modest by faking a lack of skills, but author wanting to obfuscate it from readers? Or is author intending to force the butler to be an antagonist thinking mc is a smallshot?

Dex-chan lover
I like how this manga doesn't take itself too seriously at times but that just makes these weird tension building moments all the more enjoyable to look forward to.

@feha The author is showing things other than his fighting skills, which is already well established to the readers by this point. In this case it's his integrity in not taking credits for things that he just luck into getting. This would turn the butler from minor antagonist into another ally because he now recognize Bel as someone who, fighting skills aside, can be trust to be honest.

@nerufu The cultist "leader" girl that try to recruit followers before getting chase off and then show up again at the tavern chapters ago.

Dex-chan lover
we're never going to get an honest assessment of his abilities, are we?

@feha
I think there was suppose to be another guy that comes along latter that's a more meaningful comparison
some young S rank guy
. I don't think they need to have him show his stuff fighting against opponents weaker than ones he already beat. I thinking this is all just for the joke and/or showing off the weird group think his little fanclub has and how people besides his daughter hype him up.

bonus points for the guy seeming to get whats going on here and sympathizing with Bel.

Fed-Kun's army
I am curious about why Selen hides that she knows and have met Belgrieve already. To avoid the topic about Helvetica maybe?

@feha isn't obvious from the conversation after that sparring? that author trying to change butler opinion toward mc dad, by making him slip and admitted that it wasn't his win, it change butler opinion toward mc dad as a person, since he seems to have misguided perception by accusing mc dad with cheating, after that whole thing, he see mc dad properly instead of being a shitprick with wrong perception. it's not about showing off mc dad skill, it's about changing butler opinion toward him. about skill, mc showed him right after that they're not some weakling.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not mad about that slip thing (which was stupid and contradicts basically every chapter where he fights/spars but oh well) but I'm mad about butlers behaviour.
It would have been ok if that guy was sibling to the noble trio, you know - young noble thinks he's better than some country bumpkin like we see in so many stories. Instead he is just a butler and holy shit, he should have been fired the moment he started shittalking guest of honour that evening. Not only that, he shittalks father of fucking S tier adventurer, equivalent to the nuke, who took down a demon lord. Which, by the way, was fucking confirmed by other people of highest caliber. No amount of "understanding" should forgive what the guy did.

Users who are viewing this thread