My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
@BananowyJE Based on the last pages, I reckon the butler is under a ton of stress and can't control himself anymore. The stress is derived from how the current masters of the house behave and how other nobles behave toward them, that is, everybody's looking down on them and pushing them around. It's of course no excuse, the dude should resign or take a vacation if he's not anymore up to the task, but it's an explanation.

Red Ogre's background is that of an adventurer, so it's fine if his victory happened because of the lucky accident. Luck is an essential skill for an adventurer. When you fight bandits or monsters, there are no rules and the winner takes it all. So, it's better to be lucky than unlucky.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme @BananowyJE good news, he's probably going to be on medical leave now that our s-rank daughter has dug her claws into him.

On the other hand, as Bel notes, the butler is incredibly young for his position, which is double edged. It means he's likely exceptionally skilled in order to have obtained the position (and clearly has additional skills outside the typical realm of butlery) but he also lacks the decades of experience in the position that you might expect of a head butler.

Mix in a little rabid loyalty and while inexcusable, his behavior is not unexpected.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, even if he knows how to fight with his peg leg mud still is difficult to maintain balance even with a normal foot, the slip was just that a slip, he trying to put too much weight on his peg leg and it sunk in the mud so he slipped just that it happens.

Now if you judging the writing of this particular moment that is another thing, it was pretty cliche, but funny as always.

Dex-chan lover
Butler's a bit of an ass, but that's to be expected from one in his position at such a young age, I suppose

Angie should be happy with Helvetica potentially marrying her Dad. She would effectively get 3 sisters, 2 onee-chans, 1 imouto, 1 senpai, 1 rival, 1 kouhai, 1 Mom, 2 Aunts, 3 people who "know how great her Dad is," and would anchor her Dad to the city where she works as an adventurer (plus all the people who would now recognize the Red Ogre as their city Lord).

And this doesn't count all the additional cute little Red Ogres/siblings she would get on account of the whole "a noble family needs heirs" shtick. Angie I see only pluses...

Dex-chan lover
@wxiagz
she doesnt care about that, she wants the perfect woman for her perfect daddy and she will only have the perfect woman cause her daddy deserves no less than perfect.

@icarushector
nah
he just learns a very harsh lesson that will be plot relevant in a couple of chapters.

@Kaarme
hes not stressed hes just arrogant, backstory will be coming soon.

@Meridis
we will
When the Elf Paladin shows up.

@CrimsonWarden
I hope you like tension filled moments, were about to get a buttload of chapters full of em, that little girl in the end is no joke.

well my boner went limp when he slipped, waste of ink this chapter

reu

Dex-chan lover
That murderous loli needs some fucking headpats

Dex-chan lover
While I'm ok with him slipping since the ground would be muddy from all the rain the previous night, I feel like he should've already known that was a possibility and been prepared for it since he would have experience with training on days like this.

Fed-Kun's army
I've been seeing some discussion regarding Bel's proper rank and I think he should be by no means below AA standard, peg leg and all. The fact is, Sasha was able to reach AA standard despite her rough training. If Bel can beat Sasha then it stands to fact he should be at least double AA, even if Sasha can improve through proper form. It just means Sasha can go beyond double AA while Bel is at least double AA.

Also, he may have slipped but Bel was still able to react to the strike and swiftly go for a counterattack. If he didn't slip, the attack would've continued eitherway and probably hit that asswipe far harder than just being knocked down.

Dex-chan lover
Slip or not it still takes some skill to swing out with your sword. In fact, I think the ability to turn a slip into a strike would often be the the difference between life and death for an adventurer.

Dex-chan lover
you can't say butler is just jealous because he's being shitty to an s-rank too.. guys just a shithead

the slipping thing is dumb, if you're so good then block the attack, if you can't then you lost theres no do-overs in a real fight

Dex-chan lover
@Leo80221 Probably was to show that hes human. Even if you know the ground is muddy doesnt mean you wont never ever trip. Even special forces have some silly mistakes sometimes, many meme worthy like a stun granade spectacularly boucing back to them due to a bad rebound catching the entire team on a training. He probably swung his blade acting on instinct when he was falling and his opponent was caught totally off guard of such unexpected atack angle

@Leo80221 it seemed to me it was because he was in bad shape that day. he was talking about his joint aching and the like, could because of his old age(not that im sure of how old he is meant to be).

Dex-chan lover
Shit talking guests, forcefully pulling your arm away from your master, getting into fights with an S rank. This dude is an idiot

Users who are viewing this thread