My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - What is Mokomoko-san's trump car…

Dex-chan lover
So this is his power with only one seal undone...
How many seals did he start with?
I'm also beginning to think that he may just be a god of death that sealed himself out of boredom. Like in "New Journey of an Old Soul" on royalroad, where an almost all powerful being figured out a way to kill itself for some 'time off' through reincarnation.

Edit: Also, since they haven't just murdered him with a machine or bomb or something, I'm betting his death ability has some kind of failsafe. Because honestly... If what we saw before Lain was his completely sealed mode, I think he would be dangerous enough to warrant using a nuke on the populace.

The MC's strength is better if you look at their world from the perspective of other characters. You can have ridiculous magic, be immortal, travel super fast, teleport, etc. But his power is killing someone instantly, from any distance, it can't be avoided, and it costs him nothing to use. It is why everyone underestimates him because 'his power CAN'T be that bullshit, right?!'

Fed-Kun's army
Well, the "He is a god" came up already, but i wouldnt say he is just a "Death God", i mean, he said it, he decides(!) what what life and death IS, that makes his control way stronger than just the power to kill anyone, theoretically he should also be able to just revert the death-status of someone, making them alive.

Dex-chan lover
cover-1-1-768x480.png

Poor Vampire-chan

Dex-chan lover
@bears
Your comment made me lol at the end.
Define OP killing ability: A person thousands of kilometers away showed a single instant of killing intent through a remote controlled roach swarm and insta-died, lol.

With how we now know his ridiculous killing ability was his 'sealed' state, I think its safe to say that his ability isn't killing so much as 'removing threats'. He may just be a god of time with the power to stop things from existing in his time frame, for all we know. Think bigger!

Dex-chan lover
So....the vampire sage died...?

Edit : nvm she is 100% dead

Dex-chan lover
Big spoiler about vamp
she made one last backup body that was complerely disconnected, and decides the safest positikn would be a member of his harem.

• Funny
Reactions: le3
Well", he was called Alpha Omega (ΑΩ) on earth, which could be interpreted as the beginning and the end. So that means while he only used death power so far, he might also be able to use life power all along, but he sealed it himself for whatever reason. At least that's my theory.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger

Considering most of the beings he's killed so far have been due to them showing killing intent or threats towards his wellbeing...

Basically the safest way is to never ever get anywhere near him or affiliate with something or someone who wants to harm him or otherwise think badly on him.
Or actually become his loyal ally.

@starburst98
Which considering your spoiler is logical, although I haven't read that far in the novel.

So if you guys had the choice of essentially becoming an isolated hermit living on your own somewhere, hoping and praying to be left alone, or just befriend one person and never ever consider of hurting him, which would it be ? Lifetime of isolation, where a few seconds of slipups could doom you ? Or a lifetime of loyalty, where as long as you don't betray him you're safe for life?

Delle, you are the MVP. Your comments are always so helpful! Thanks a lot for them!

I'm confused, why is Takatou's classmate and an American observing him? How do they know about his power? Did he have this power on Earth before he was isekai'd and they've been spying on him this whole time or something? And what's this about a seal, when and why did he seal his powers?

Edit: Just saw @Ovnidemon's reply. So they've actually been spying on him even back when they were on Earth? Even to a person who hasn't read the novel, I did get the impression that they left a lot out of that scene. And yeah, seems weird to just let him go off on his own and not know where he is if they're supposed to be observing him at all times.

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey
Nah, that fish tried to eat the world he was currently in, so he killed it. Author didn't bother to explain the origin of his power AT ALL.

@Apav
There were at least three group monitoring him on Earth, and they all agreed that "it's safe as long as nobody pokes the hornet's nest". Aside from that, barely any background of him was revealed.

@Apav,

Yes, that was clear. Why else would you think he's not at all surprised/there's no point where he's figuring out his power? He's always had that power.

Novel Spoilers:
There's a really good chapter where the one who summoned them is trying to figure out more about him so she summons someone who knows him from our world. She unknowingly summons a scientist whom upon figuring out why Takatou is no longer in our world, calls the summoner the savior of our world, and then gets the same alert that the first seal has been undone, and then blows up because he had an explosive implanted in him to kill himself if Takatou ever becomes unsealed. Basically, the government in our world considered him becoming unsealed an end of the world scenario. It's a weirdly horor-esque chapter.

Dex-chan lover
So he’s basically an escaped high-risk SCP subject? Wonder if he can kill the lizard?

@montyb My guess was that while he was sleeping on the bus when Sion came, some god or being that wants to stop the Sages came to him in his dreams, gave him that power and explained it to him and his objective in this world. Idk, it just seemed off to me that he slept through the bus getting isekai'd, teacher getting his head blown off and people shouting and screaming in mass panic. There's also never been a flashback talking about his backstory on Earth.

Double-page supporter
@Apav

At this point it's clear that he has been observed due to his powers since even back on Earth though. It's almost certain he always had instant death abilities.

@natchu66

Clear from that scene this chapter, yes. But up until that point nothing was confirmed. Sure you could surmise based on his knowledge and skill with his power that he had it back on Earth. I did think of that as a possibility, but because this is an isekai and generally protoganists from our world have no powers until they've been isekai'd, I was thinking that was more likely. But we've had no indication that he was being watched before he was isekai'd, this is the first time this is ever brought up. This is supposed to be the confirmation, and yet the dialogue in that scene was written like it has already been confirmed, which is why it seemed strange to me.

I hope next chapter we'll get to see some backstory on the organizations these individuals work for and what their goal is with Takatou.

Users who are viewing this thread