My Love Tiger

When they add the horribly obnoxious cunt "Maid" that "Knows" the MC, that's usually a sign of impending death.

Aggregator gang
He's not dead yet and despite her bad attitude, she's still a supporting character. Still I'm actually waiting for a proper showdown between these two. It's a long time coming.

Damn I just noticed that we are on Vol. 13 of 23. We got a long way to go. Which means the showdown could be put off for a long time.

Aggregator gang
Aww, we got to see teenage Rangii. Doubt her form will stay permanent again though...

The way these people converse is so incredibly fucking bizarre. They just keep restating the topic sentence without ever providing definitions. Like if there was a 200 page textbook on "sprockets" that never told you what the fuck a sprocket is, but instead spent 75 pages telling you you were an idiot for not knowing what the fuck a sprocket is, another 75 telling you how they plan to go about telling you what a sprocket is, and finally the last 50 using intentionally bad analogies to help you guess what a sprocket is on your own.

I've never known a human being who tried to convey information this way, I assume because it would completely and utterly fail, so I guess I can read this out of a sense of pure fucking novelty. Not sure if I'll make it though, because this guy with no self-worth is surrounded with abusive parasites.

Group Leader
@OuterRem
I know EXACTLY what you mean because I have to translate this bullcrap. It's obviously the author trying to invent mystery, but he does it in the laziest way possible: by using the Korean language's natural ambiguity. This is NOT normal, at least in real life. Apparently Kara no Kyoukai has this problem as well, and it drives western readers BONKERS, for good reason. The sad thing is that the author does this every freaking time there's a mystery or the plot is heading towards the climax.
The current arc is the worst offender only because the artificial tension is related specifically to the MC, and he obviously knows everything already, but he's stringing us along with annoying narration.

@Dijon
Man, I was just thinking about it from a lazy reader's perspective, but christ I can't even imagine your job. I mean this with complete and total sincerity... Thanks for your hard work. Not really sure if I'm gonna be a fan of this, but that does not diminish my gratitude here.

On my part, I'll stick with this and see it through. One thing I can't help but wonder though... doesn't the Korean audience also find this sort of conversation bizarre? I wish I could come up with an English equivalent of this but nothing comes to mind. The English language is too linear. Maybe older books on philosophy, where you're never 100% sure what the topic of discussion actually is, like Kant or Hegel? But nobody reads stuff like Hegel's Dialectic for a reason.

This... this is supposed to be entertainment. Does the Korean audience actually get to enjoy it? Does it have a good reception? I assumed it did because of the number of chapters...

Group Leader
@OuterRem
Thank you for your thanks (I really appreciate it). From what I can tell, the Koreans actually don't mind it. A difference in culture: the Korean language promotes ambiguity in a way that English doesn't. It simply feels more natural to have these sorts of sentences in Korean rather than English. Like you said, English is too linear.
The Koreans who read this series are, obviously, massive weebs just like me. As long as it has cute Korean anime girls doing cute anime girl things, we're happy. Plus Korean culture is always a nice touch.
The people who vocally don't like these books accuse the fans of this series of being pedophiles.
These detractors are salty because this series is THE Korean light novel series. This series is single-handedly keeping the publishing company, Seed Novel, in business. Basically, this series has a cult following of Korean anime fans.

Aggregator gang
Take your time, dude. The updates are coming consistently and that's enough for me. Keep up the good work!

Aggregator gang
Uhm everything disappeared?

Edit: ah it's okay again. I don't know why I didn't see the chapters. :

Can someone answer me this question

Does she stay a loli for the entirety of the manga because if yes I will drop this one or will she become an adult at some point ?

Group Leader
https://youtu.be/OQ5dU6PzLak
This is the link to the PV/music video. I worked really hard on this. I had to learn how to use Aegisub just to make it!
Please watch it. It does show new characters who will be showing up, but it doesn't spoil any of the story.

Aggregator gang
@Magoo: She stays a loli for like 98% of the manwha (so far). There have been two instances where we see her in her 16 year old form (seen on the Vol 14 cover). MC made it clear he intends to get with her adult form, not her child form, so it's a safe bet that we'll see her grow up by the time this series is over.

Despite the picture, there is only one girl who isn't a loli and it's not her. Technically they're ancient magic beings and then get his love beam magic and become big for a bit then turn into lolis for the next hundred chapters, and while he doesn't start off a loli con he justifies it saying they can become older in appearance and they're older than him

Users who are viewing this thread