Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 19 - Tsumiki-san and Umami-san

Dex-chan lover
Someone, please gift Tsumiki a pair of Soap shoes. Her feet are large enough to make some sick grinds.

Dex-chan lover
Hello everynyan, how are you? Fine thank you.

No wonder Tsumiki always carries Yutaka over her shoulders like nothing, GIRL WAS CARRYING TREES THIS CHAP

Also, we're exploring the idea of redoing chapters 1-8 so that we've got a consistent quality release all the way from the beginning. No timeline has been set, but look forward to a rerelease of the earlier chapters!
Gotta love a girl who can literally pick you up and throw you.

Anyway, thank you guys for the excellent work on the series so far. Exciting to hear you'll maybe be tidying up those early chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I only realized this chapter that is is very weird for typical kemomimi (animal ear) manga that their ears are actually on the sides of their heads where human ears would be! Most manga just put the animal ears of beastfolk on top of the head and then use hair or fur to cover the sides of the head so you can't tell whether they've also got human ears or not. In this manga they're always (?) where human ears would be, even if the external bits (auricle, lobule) can be hugely different. So maybe earplugs would work? Though I'd expect the earhole to be larger given how sharp her hearing is, but this isn't hard scifi.
Okay, now that you've pointed that out, I'm seeing it now, and it's very cool. But you've also caused me to realize that the normal human ears in this manga look fucking massive (or, at least, they do on Pg. 9 here which is what I looked at to check the animal ears).

Dex-chan lover
Okay, now that you've pointed that out, I'm seeing it now, and it's very cool. But you've also caused me to realize that the normal human ears in this manga look fucking massive (or, at least, they do on Pg. 9 here which is what I looked at to check the animal ears).
They do their human ear best to keep up with animal people ears.

Dex-chan lover
I never would have thought to research if horses would be more sensitive to light than humans, but it turns out, they are. So well done author, very well done.

But I don't know what's up with the unicorn girls semi-constant aggression. I don't quite vibe with that

Dex-chan lover
It's all well and good to be able to put a diatribe out about "suki" -- but can you explain how those ear plugs are supposed to work for a genjin ear?
Tsumiki mentioned once that she has a higher sense of hearing, as demonstrated in an earlier chapter with her and Yutaka in the library. It could be that the volume in the movie theater is too loud for her, as well as other species with bigger ears and/or stronger hearing senses, so they're provided ear plugs to accommodate them so they could enjoy the movie. Same goes for how different genjin perceive light, hence why they were also provided sunglasses.

Dex-chan lover
Tsumiki mentioned once that she has a higher sense of hearing, as demonstrated in an earlier chapter with her and Yutaka in the library. It could be that the volume in the movie theater is too loud for her, as well as other species with bigger ears and/or stronger hearing senses, so they're provided ear plugs to accommodate them so they could enjoy the movie. Same goes for how different genjin perceive light, hence why they were also provided sunglasses.
I know the whys of the reasoning, I was thinking more along the size and shape of the ear plug vs the size and shape of the ear canal. I tried looking up a few images, but not being a zoologist, I'm not entirely sure that it works correctly or no.

Dex-chan lover
I know the whys of the reasoning, I was thinking more along the size and shape of the ear plug vs the size and shape of the ear canal. I tried looking up a few images, but not being a zoologist, I'm not entirely sure that it works correctly or no.
It's magical space-filling material that expands on insertion, invented by humans as a natural outcome of their super-sized auricles :lul:

Dex-chan lover
Curious though- even if they are Genjin, they live in Japan, go to school in Japan, and even (in Umami's case) hang around 8chan and other SNS's a lot. How are they so divorced from general culture? Tsumiki makes a bit more sense, she literally grew up in a cave after all, but...

Users who are viewing this thread