Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 27 - Hebizono-san and the Mirror

Group Leader
Shouldn't a high schooler know what a percent is, even if she is an awoo?

I'd hope she knows the Japanese version of it (hiritsu). Hebizono says it in English.

It is a little weird though - 'pa-sento' is a pretty common English loan word in Japan. Some people even go as far as just abbreviating it to 'pa', so '50 pa' is 50 percent.

But that she doesn't know the English word is I think the most likely thing here (Tsumiki being puzzled and saying different versions of 'paw-sent'). We've already established that she's terrible at math, so maybe she just doesn't know that term either? It would also make sense if she didn't even know what a percentage is in Japanese (hiritsu), but like you said that's really bad for a high schooler.

Edit: Actually, I'm SURE it was so we could do the paw-cent joke :p

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Here's the question...

If it requires naked eye contact... would contact lenses work?

Group Leader
Here's the question...

If it requires naked eye contact... would contact lenses work?
I love the series obviously but I think the consistency is often a little loose. We know regular glass doesn't block it (as per ch9 they're very special glass) though maybe if you could get contacts made out of that material it should work? And we know it still works after bouncing off mirrors. So all that about 'with naked eyes' doesn't make sense because even if he's safe (I can buy he has no naked eyes to see), she's not because his head is even more transparent than glass.

So let's just say that science in this world works to select for the most feels. Conservation of Dawwwww. Whatever gets us Kitou x Hebizono is the correct theory.

Dex-chan lover
Another ship prepared to be sailed. Never thought it'd be a Gorgon and an invisible man too. I'll definitely be rooting for them. ^^

I love the series obviously but I think the consistency is often a little loose. We know regular glass doesn't block it (as per ch9 they're very special glass) though maybe if you could get contacts made out of that material it should work? And we know it still works after bouncing off mirrors. So all that about 'with naked eyes' doesn't make sense because even if he's safe (I can buy he has no naked eyes to see), she's not because his head is even more transparent than glass.

So let's just say that science in this world works to select for the most feels. Conservation of Dawwwww. Whatever gets us Kitou x Hebizono is the correct theory.
I'm not against the idea that since he still has a body despite being invisible it messes with whatever makes her petrification work. Since we aren't even 100% sure how her eyes actually work besides needing special glasses or even how his body works. So as long as it stays consistent that she can see through him and not petrify people than I honestly don't mind it.

What if her glasses are actually made with the FLESH OF INVISIBLE PEOPLE OOOOOOO SCARY THE DEEP DARK WORLDBUILDING OF OGAMI-SAN IS FINALLY TAKING SHAPE. :meguusmug:

Yeah no, don't like the idea of the medusa power being able to petrify people, no way the government would allow such person to walk freely, much less go to school. And the "solution" being just to wear glasses, it's not like if half of the vision is not covered by the lens or if the glasses could fall off in an accident. The author should have come up with a less lethal power for her, like paralyzing or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter, but this also just seems incredibly dangerous, if they're operating on a "this is how it should work" case and not "this has already been proven to work". Test the invisible man barrier on a rat or something first, not yourself.

While I always love the progress of the MCs getting closer together I 100% support these side romances.

Users who are viewing this thread