Ohayou Toka Oyasumi Toka - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Hedgehog House

I don’t care for their father at all. He basically abandoned all his kids, thinking they would be like him and just go with the flow and be alright on their own. It makes sense that wahei gets angry thinking about him but if it were me I would have tried to slap some sense into him. I mean he has 4 kids and only wanted to meet up one one of them before he left again.

Dex-chan lover
Dad is a total scumbag. Dude really needs a freakin vasectomy if he can't take care of all these kids.

Double-page supporter
@HiraOmnibus I agree, if the dude can't take care of his child then please don't have child in the first place or don't get married if later you'll just abandon your wife

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Dad is bad. This kind of person is like a wind and they cant control themself to stick to one place.
I can accept it but I don't really like them much

The father reminds me of my own, they both try their best but I suppose it just isn’t enough for family life (*´ー`*). I love this manga, I think it’s worth the read- thank you for the update!

I hate the dad so much, saying shit like "there are things for me left to experience" and then proceeding to push his kids onto the son he abandoned.

Yeah, no. Even if they try to make the dad seem likeable and redeem him with this whole "he is just like that, but still tries his best", it is still a fact that he abandoned his son and now his 3 daughters. There is no excuse for something like this. Even if you are a person like that, that wants to go on journeys on a whim, you still have to take responsibility for a lot of things. And especially for your children. Excusing abondening all 4 of your children with "I want to see the world and experience it" is just shitty and irresponsible. He shouldn't have had kids in the first place if he was going to be like that.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, fuck that guy. Trash human being that doesn't give two shits about anyone but himself. The author just needs to let Wahei beat the shit out of him, not try to redeem the old coot and then leave his ass in an alley never to be seen again.

Double-page supporter
Probably a likable person but he should never have become a parent.

Fuck dad to be honest, you cant go having childs and then just dropping them somewhere when you want to travel, if MC decided to not take care of the girls then who knows what might have happened to them, and he wouldnt even know because he isnt in contact with them either.

Dex-chan lover
@nhoctu97 That’s not a valid excuse. If he’s “like the wind” and “can’t stick to one place” he should not be having children. If he’s not capable of something he shouldn’t be doing it and if he decides to take on a responsibility he needs to see it through to the very end.

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t like the dad. He doesn’t deserve being liked by his children and he definitely doesn’t deserve to meet them
Again. He Essentially left them to die. If his son had refused to take them in they would be screwed. And it wouldn’t be his sons fault either since children are a huge burden and if you’re not ready for that no one should be able to force that on you. Which is something his father doesn’t understand since someone like him has no business having kids. He’s not suited to it at all. In summary he’s a terrible person.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking hate this stupid fucking trope in Japan where that parent(s) are complete fucking scum yet the child always forgives them for some bs reason, that dude is a deadbeat piece of shit who's refusing to even visit his three daughters while being probably like less than 30 mins away, which would be bad enough even ignoring how he dumped them on his first abandoned kid in the first place. What a fucking waste of human life

Users who are viewing this thread