Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
You are absolutely goated for picking this up! Thank you so much for the TL, I desperately kept checking for updates - so glad this is back!

Dex-chan lover
It's not out of place. You have to put yourself in Hinako's shoes here. She's a highly moralistic character, so she hates being called master. She mentioned the Robinson Crusoe story because it's a good example of why she hates it so much. Of course the robot has no idea what she's talking about, but that's irrelevant. What matters is that this is perfectly consistent with Hinako's characterization. Regardless of the situation and place, Hinako is always true to herself and her moral values. This scene is a perfect and consistent example of that.
Sure, your life and your loved one's are in danger, with a whole city filled with innocent people being murdered left and right. Sure is not out of place to ask a random robot from another planet RIGHT NOW if it knows Robinson Crusoe just to explain why you hate the word master. You say it's "perfectly consistent" with Hinako's characterization, who we've seen care incredibly about her "sisters" But here it's more important to clarify her hatred for a word with a literary work that a being from another world wouldn't know as an example RATHER than hurrying to do something about the situation. They can wait while I talk with this robot about robinson crusoe.
TOTALLY the right place to do that. Okay then.

Group Leader
Thank you for the chapter. I would suggest slightly toning down how you've represented Elis' accent, it's a little unreadable at times.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, your life and your loved one's are in danger, with a whole city filled with innocent people being murdered left and right. Sure is not out of place to ask a random robot from another planet RIGHT NOW if it knows Robinson Crusoe just to explain why you hate the word master. You say it's "perfectly consistent" with Hinako's characterization, who we've seen care incredibly about her "sisters" But here it's more important to clarify her hatred for a word with a literary work that a being from another world wouldn't know as an example RATHER than hurrying to do something about the situation. They can wait while I talk with this robot about robinson crusoe.
Yes, some times fiction works like that with things that don't conform 1:1 to reality but exist for the reader's benefit. Most people don't monologue and infodump to themselves about their abilities when they're in the middle of a fight either. It's just something you accept.

Dex-chan lover
Question to the translator, why are you mispelling "This" to "Dis" or "That" to "Dat" on purpose? Am I missing something here?

Dex-chan lover
Question to the translator, why are you mispelling "This" to "Dis" or "That" to "Dat" on purpose? Am I missing something here?
I'm not the translator on this, but was part of the discussion on the TL decision and word choices. To reflect Elis' Hiroshima-sounding dialect, we opted to go with a Chicago dialect (In particular we wanted to go with a Chicago mob sound). The Th->D substitution is fairly common, but it's not the only example of things you'll see. E.g. Dese, dose, dem, over dere, yous guys, what a jagoff, etc.

Dex-chan lover
You're whining about this as if she wasted 3 hours explaining the book to the robot. The whole conversation felt like it lasted 5 minutes actually and the robot was already on the move while they were talking, so if wasting time is what's bothering you then good for you because they didn't waste any time.

Other than that, Hinako mentioning a book to illustrate her thoughts makes a lot of sense considering she's a rich girl with a sheltered upbringing and it wouldn't surprise me if she was a member of the literary club or something.

Last edited:
you should drop the dialect attempt, it just makes her seem retarded or someone with lots of broken teeth

Dex-chan lover
So why she got administrator rights to the robot buried there a long time ago? Is time travel also involved here?
In one of the previous chapters this elf guy activated the spaceship by pressing several of his hands against sensors. And from the chapter about how the save point came to be we know that he stole those arms from reincarnators. This together with all the talk about keyholders implies that reincarnators have special privileges and the sci-fi tech that was used is somehow able to identify whether someone is reincarnated or not

Dex-chan lover
I'm not the translator on this, but was part of the discussion on the TL decision and word choices. To reflect Elis' Hiroshima-sounding dialect, we opted to go with a Chicago dialect (In particular we wanted to go with a Chicago mob sound). The Th->D substitution is fairly common, but it's not the only example of things you'll see. E.g. Dese, dose, dem, over dere, yous guys, what a jagoff, etc.
This sounds horrible.

Dex-chan lover
This sounds horrible.

Noted. We're not going to make everyone happy, and we're okay with that.

What we're trying to do is reproduce the dialect distinctions the mangaka used. You will never get a 1:1 mapping, but other common examples would be a thick Scottish accent for Tohoku dialects, southern California for places like like Miyazaki/Kagoshima, maybe midwest for rural places, British chav for urban street kids, etc.etc.

Authors typically include a variety of dialects to provide subtext about the group/characters. That the previous translator(s) omitted these verbal cues is really doing the reader a disservice, imo. I'll admit that the original upload of this had overdone the accents, but I think the current version is a good middle ground.

But cool, you don't like it. You do you.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for picking this up! I would suggest not replacing "t" and "th" with "d" for Elis's accented dialogue, it makes it hard to read and feels kinda off. I feel like a lot of people don't really mind not having redraws for sfx; its such a minor thing, but takes so much effort.

Dex-chan lover
In one of the previous chapters this elf guy activated the spaceship by pressing several of his hands against sensors. And from the chapter about how the save point came to be we know that he stole those arms from reincarnators. This together with all the talk about keyholders implies that reincarnators have special privileges and the sci-fi tech that was used is somehow able to identify whether someone is reincarnated or not

So since translators have taken some liberty on terms, here's the rundown I get from reading the RAW:

To clarify, the robot is responding to 'legitimate code' ('regular code' in the previous chapter when 'elf' guy was trying to activate the ship)

Everyone who took the cheat are using 'cheat code'
Whereas Hinako, who left the room, was described by Carla as "someone not convinced into (taking?) cheat code, a true legitimate code holder"

So it require not only being 'reincarnated', but also to reject the 'blessing/cheat' when offered.

Dex-chan lover
She's ill. Really ill. Now she is even making her mecha call her as "onee-sama" lol

Double-page supporter
Thanks so much for picking this up!

If you want advice on the Hiroshima dialect/'Yakuza' accent, I'd drop "dat," "dis" and "da" for "zat," "ziss" and "th'"
The former sounds more dopey and childlike than 'gangster'-like at least to me, but that could just be me.
For example, page 19, "Wait, is dis reaaally alright?!" > "Wait, izziss reaaally alright?!"
Page 13, "Show me dat you can protect my sisters..." > "Show me zat you can protect my sisters..."
Page 27, "I've taken da lead!" > "I've taken th'lead!"

Dex-chan lover
YES YES YES! It's back!
Thanks so much for the translations! Now it's time to Oneesama to KICK SOME ASS!

Users who are viewing this thread