Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - Otaku & Gyaru & Beauty Contest

Fed-Kun's army
I can see three possibilities that could happen.
  1. They run after him
  2. They never see him again.
  3. He gets hit by a bus and gets isekai into another world.
It's 3. How else are they going to squeeze out another 100 chapters?

Dex-chan lover
the genuine sadness i feel from this chapter :angery: dont listen to those outside voices, theyve only had eyes for you! our poor boy :meguuusad:

(i was secretly hoping hed win the mens pageant so could be on stage with them but alas)

Dex-chan lover
"I'm just a gloomy Otaku:"
cry-tear.gif

Dex-chan lover
oof, Bro let negative thoughts take over. Gogo Ijichi cheer up power!

Dex-chan lover
It's an understandable reaction from his part. Now it's up to the girls to reassure him he's the one they chose.

Dex-chan lover
That sad smile of acceptance and realizing that he's got tears in his eyes was very well done. His thoughts, too, are exactly the right ones. Saying to himself that he isn't part of their future, that it was just a strange twist of fate that brought them together for a limited time, is deeply sad and starts almost a grieving process.

We've seen this scene a lot, but this one really hits home because its about the future and the paths they will take rather than the present and what he should do. It's always annoying to see this scene be about how they don't feel like they should hang out with people who clearly like them or that they don't belong in a place that people clearly want them, but this one is a realization that he's been scared to have and can't argue his way around.

It's a great execution on the otaku/gal romance stress point, and just another way that this manga is a special example of the genre being done exceptionally well.
well stated~
usually i'd complain about the typical Japanese-neuroticism that dominates the psychology of most MC-kuns in these stories. The way you stated your opinion maybe re-think my initial reaction to his thought process.
The "we're two different types of people" trope in these stories is often used as a Flanderized character trait rather than a conclusion that the MC-kun comes to.
I agree with your sentiment, and hope the story goes in a direction thats different from the typical~

Supporter
Thanks for the new chapter- that said… “NOOOOO I NEED MOAR”

Ah hem.
That said: got after him and live the polyamorous dream girls

Users who are viewing this thread