Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Vol. 2 Ch. 47

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
tfw there's not gyaru girl staying at your house with a cold and being cute af.

Good ol' spanish @justforthelulz, i'm not a spanish teacher so it would be difficult for me to even attempt to explain it and translate it lol.

Dex-chan lover
kdE8vR5_d.webp

@raltzero Could be either. (Por que)(Porque)(Por qué)(Porqué) all have different meanings/usages, but people use them interchangeably (they shouldn't)

For example, in @justforthelulz 's meme the correct term should be '¿Por qué no los dos' (why not both?); in your case, the closest to a 'Because?' would be '¿Porque sí? (assuming Because? is an affirmation question)

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Also, it is written "Qué" only when it's between question marks
Que
¿Qué?

Aggregator gang
@Niconicoknee
@raltzero
@Richman

Why? is a question : Porque ?
Because is the answer of a question : Porque..

Example:
Why aren't they just dating already
-Porque no están saliendo de una vez

Because they are both shy(this can be said differently too but is just for context)
- Porque los 2 son tímidos.

Those mind-altering Japanese über-colds is just one of those tropes you have to live with, no matter how silly they seem to us. Or maybe it's less of a cold and more of a flu and it's just one of those things were they don't really have two words for it?

Group Leader
@raidensnakeezio
Just to be sure, I checked with a native Japanese person, and they disagreed with your point. っつってんだろ doesn't make it sound very pleading. If anything, っつってんだろ (= って言ってるだろ) in general sounds pretty strong, like "I said that, didn't I? [So why aren't you listening?]"
And to begin with, it's not like I used an exclamation point, so the translated version doesn't even sound that strong.
That is to say, I see no need to change that line.

Do people really forget things when they have a fever? Or change personalities?

Users who are viewing this thread