Re:Monster

Double-page supporter
Story with OP MC, author lacks ability to make it interesting. After 30 or so chapters you can see repetition of events.
There are no explanations as of what his powers are, how they work and why they work (same with every single magical power out there).
Monsters portrayed even kinder than humans (it is big minus for me when story written to show that goblins rape humans for example, but after that statement they are shown kind and cute people).
Basically it is average power trip story. It has nothing special in it. Can't even find one thing that would be above average in it.

Dex-chan lover
@KamiKira00, read the original LN. It's far superior to the manga. Most of the details have been basically purged here. It's honestly quite similar to what was done in regards to Overlord.

Group Leader
His chances of fucking the isekai swordswoman is higher than my chances of getting a 1 star in a gacha

OK, after recent releases this manga went downhill really fast
author keep adding more and more stuff without a break and make it interesting

there are too many characters to follow with almost every one of them getting axed in character development
there is this one male knight who seeks revenge after her lover killed but after he joined there's barely any more development after that

also, no sane reader would follow and remember a wall of text of skills and lore cramped into 1 page

this is just bad writing.
no clear objective besides getting more stronger, half-ass character development, and lastly there's no risk of everything

Dex-chan lover
@vladamir : it's a basic MC is overpowered Manga without anything interesting in it.
But that's what some people like, it being average and bland.

Because I don't expect anything, I can read it without worrying to be disappointed. I can drop it I don't really care. I can miss some chapters it don't matter. And if the scan are late I don't mind.

Dex-chan lover
I usually don't drag an author but GOD this one is bad, his writing is like that of a petty child that is constantly masturbating in frustration after getting a beating. There's not a single chapter so far that didn't feel icky, or yucky, or just plain lame in some way or another. Plus, I don't hate the concept of "OP hero" in general but in this case it's flat out boring because there's literally zero challenge and it feels so very unnatural and unreal that you can't get into the story at all. Also there's the aspect of the MCs/ authors disturbingly sociopathical set of morals.

Conclusion: This is by far the worst Isekai/ OP Hero Manga I ever read.

The first third of this manga is really good. The story is gripping, the stakes are high, and the main characters, while evil, are fascinating to follow.

The quality drops off a cliff after those first couple arcs. The tone switches from that of an adventure to an entirely passive summary of the events that occur. It's like every chapter (after this point) gets told like the answer to the question "how was your day?" -- "oh, I went shopping, then fought some orcs. Oh, there was this really interesting thing I ate.". All the emotion and tension in the story just leaves.

I'm still reading it as new chapters come out, and the scans are great quality. But I'm just kinda waiting for there to be some sort of stakes again.

A short summary about me and this manga - a long-distance relationship.
Well, let's begin. It's my first isekai manga I've ever read. It was maybe 6 years ago that I saw maybe 5 chapters of this manga and fallen in love with it. It was kinda this time for me when I've already been watching anime for few years and then discovered the magic of manga. One of these magical things was Re:Monster. I was simple back then, just wanted to fall into my own fantasy world and RM gave me what I wanted. It seemed cool, completely not this childish cringe stuff with virgin main character and his pseudo harem. Or so I thought.. For next years, maybe 2 or 3, there were maybe 20 chapters released so I've picked up light novel and gave it a bit of a read, but earlier I managed to re-read manga a LOT of times. It was sitting on my top shelf, my goddess I wouldn't let anyone touch or speak badly of. But then came the time I've got interested in other things and left it for a while.. till now. Today I've caught up to newest chapter, 60th one, and boy, it was quite a ride. My opinions about it were like a carousel, a magic train, or like a fucking pink unicorn. Ok, that doesn't make sense, w/e.
At this point I burnt out and decided to really shorten things.
The story.. yes, the story.. Does it exist? It feels quite like a masturbatory material, but not exactly what people would want. People like interesting things, they want good tasting shit, they want some spice, some sweet and lick your armpit, people are a fucking perverts - every single one of them, but this manga is quite tasteless. It's blank. Just like a main character. Does he makes things interesting? No. He doesn't, and that's why people complain.. maybe also about logic of this manga, but yeah, if you don't just let go of your human laws don't even start reading it. (mc literally just eats humans) Fortunately manga readers did it long time ago. This manga wont win the hearts of the masses, but it caught mine and today I've confirmed that it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. My love that is.
People also had some problems about main character being overpowered without reason, but that's completely false. Yeah, he beats all of his opponents, but the thing is you just gotta get his character. He isn't one of this try-hard characters that gonna burst with some new special powers midway the fight. He knows his limits and picks opponents basing on this. Maybe fights would be a little bit more interesting if it was written by artist or wasn't light novel adaptation, but it is and fights will always lack this something, also suspense. (I actually don't mind fights.. lul)
I'd like to say that character development is really bad, but I don't think it is. It goes like this: somethings happens! > new character shows up! > new character does something in background but who fucking cares! > new character reacts to something mc did "woah!" > new character - update status! . This story isn't simply about other characters. They exist for the sake of story, but it doesn't mean you cant enjoy them. There have to exist stories like this in which you can have space to breath, unlike the ones where tsundere goes "baka, baka" every second, mc goes through existential depression and his dad wants to sell him on black market. Ay, we got a good story boys! See, that's the recipe for stories these days, ugh..
Ok, but there are some things I should praise this story for, cause what I've wrote till this point wasn't.. Imagine you are the author of this story and you continue to delve deeper and deeper into this fantasy world, the things would easily go wrong. The power balance, continuous new skills, new monsters and races, update on other characters evolution.. eventually anyone would get bored of it or get drunk on their own fantasy, but this author didn't. Fresh content is fresh, and story is what it should be. The flow of story stays the same and nothing feels rushed. Few things repeat since it's written like a diary, but nothing feels like too much (maybe eating.. but that's what RM is about), also there is always some progress and things doesn't get boring. Loved the idea of Synthesis skill, but no spoilers..
I feared the new chapters wouldn't be as good as the old ones, but I was nicely surprised and things only got better. Im happy. My biggest fear was that I wouldn't enjoy Re:Monster just like I did in past, cause I grew up a bit (hehe), but I enjoyed it, for reals. Maybe, just maybe, Re:Monster is actually trash and I'm too for enjoying it, but wouldn't that be fine too? It's 4 AM, goodnight.

So far so good but it takes much time to release new chapters. It's like a manga that I forget for half a year and then I remember and read everything in half an hour.

It was interesting at the start but then the story started to become sort of bland, it's your typical harem isekai with an op mc. 4/10

So, any plans of filling in the English language missing chapters?
When i am re-reading this, it would be nice to read it in one place and not have to jump to various other sites just so i can completely re-read it.

Started interesting but quickly descended into masturbatory rape and god mode fantasy schlock. I guess the "I gain a dozen new powerful abilities a day" and "I was a godlike psychic superhuman in my past life" bits should have made that pretty obvious.

I remember being super hyped by Gobirou managing to hunt a snake to gain a few mediocre abbilities. Now, he gains 20 new powers per chapter, and I don't give a fuck.

Dex-chan lover
Isekaid from an isekai world and already has superpowers before dying. And of course, he carries over some of that power to the other other world, lol. Naturally he becomes OP.

Ridiculous premise, but it's an ok read if you're bored and don't mind that the protagonist is a Goblin Slayer-type goblin (i.e. born from rape). To be fair it's out of necessity, there are girl goblins, and they're not chaotic evil, but still... THE ONLY GOOD GOBLIN IS A DEAD GOBLIN

Actually, you know what, reading this is worse than being bored. I can sorta get why escapism like this is appealing because life is hard, but whew, it's like watching someone masturbate because nothing can go wrong with the protagonist and everything's perfect. I'm looking at you too Overlord, Slime Isekai, and Solo Levelling!

I can tolerate "Overlord", "Gate Jieta", and "I am a spider, so what?" somehow, but all the others I've mentioned and Re:Monster, blegh.

This is why KonoSuba is king! I don't like Re:Zero too, but at least the protag there isn't a Gary Stu so I didn't hate it as much as the other series.

At this rate, he probably will take over the entire world by the end of the story. Unless he takes over the alternate worlds as well.

For those that are wondering, the manga already peaked the moment Rou became an Ogre, there's nothing hard after that, everything's just smoooooooth sailing for this guy, there are no hard fights, no moments of tension, no nothing, this is just a wish-fulfillment story; Hell,
even in the latest chapters of the story there have been only 2 remarkable fights.. or so i would like to say, but in one the guy just soloes the thing and the other is just skipped through with Rou powering up in front of the enemy and then a black screen, after which he appears eating their body

Users who are viewing this thread