Reader update (tl;dr - if you need the data saver mode, you have to turn it back on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always manually turn on data saver anyway coz I am reading incognito. My phone is too potato to take in more chrome history trash.

Long live MD 🙃

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday That would just eat up more bandwidth for hosts?

It wasn't until later that MDaH essentially solved the bandwidth issue for us, so the compressed default has now become unnecessary (actually, that happened a good while back, I just hadn't gotten to doing this earlier).

Is this the official abbreviation?

Aggregator gang
i feel dumb but i cant figure out how to enable the recommendations. i cant find any display advanced settings option.

Dex-chan lover
@AHomicidalTelevision
mpOmpsM.png

Not really a fan of the black line on the right side.

If anyone else feels the same:
Code:
.reader.layout-horizontal.hide-sidebar .reader-controls-wrapper { border-left: none; }

Thanks for ruining my workflow, i needed the offcenter images to perfectly center my eyes before reading (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jk, thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update!

Also please add compressed image option for all manga like data saver and such.. im doing great with middle resolution manga in my mobile.. too much resolution image also make it longer to load..

Cheers!

Oooo, the sidebar collapse button is a tricksy triangle. (It looks like a triangle, but actually the activation area is a square)

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Noobmaster69__ posted:

but instead of showing randomly just show the titles with same genre as the one i'm currently reading first and the rest below
The idea is to make it show actual recommendations as well, yes, we just don't have the systems ready for it because that's far from trivial to create

@Samhill posted:

Is this the official abbreviation?
I just didn't want to use @ and ping h

@UseYourName posted:

Not really a fan of the black line on the right side.
It's going to be fixed soon enough

@Imamuto posted:

Also please add compressed image option for all manga like data saver and such..
That is what the data saver option we already have means, you just need to turn it on

The language based chapter filtering setting seems to be working incorrectly, it takes me to chapters in languages I haven't set the filter to show

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Minor update:
- Fixed some issues with chapter listing especially when showing all languages
- Made the collapse button more visible for all themes
- Removed the extra border

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Gmaxz Like the option says, it's for showing all languages. I'll have to do a bit more work before adding an option to make it work based on the global chapter filter.

The new sidebar, or lack thereof, is fantastic! A simple, but nice improvement.

Good job! Keep it up MD devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread