Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 14 Ch. 57 - An Unbeatable Deal

Dex-chan lover
Wait, which chapter explains the scorch sheet? I forgot what is it.
a long way back when bruno used the healing stone to reveal his healing magic the explenation is there i think that's 24 or 25

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I thought that he would come up with some new form of military uniform, but turns out to be a rudimentary printing press instead.

Can't say I'm disappointed, but still quite an idea.
that's cuz giving them that would be a very huge disadvantage to his own kingdom and you gotta remember that he doesn't wanna put more problems on Aura which that would def do i mean the press isn't a problem for them because it's basically the same thing as the teleportation ability they have but it is still usefull to them while not being detrimental to auras position

Dex-chan lover
My only issue with this tool is how the other side knows when a message is coming. Is the sound of the skin changing loud enough?
i mean that's what they got multiple attendants for you have to remember that this is still a medieval society so they will have a very large staff that does a lot of different things hell probably it would fall into the scopes of responcibilities of the logkeepers of each royal to check on it regularly if they have some important info that could come through.

Dex-chan lover
So a typerwriter for this lizard-skin teletype is going to be his next concept/invention.

A lot of them still use Internet Explorer until Microsoft stopped support for it last year. Even then they used IE mode on Edge after that. This bcs government website biased toward IE.
Thats not limited to Japan...
The healthcare industry in the US (You know.... that industry that is the third largest in revenue generation.....) STILL relies way heavily on FAX and Browser Apps that use ActiveX and other ancient IE relics..

Dex-chan lover
We have a really big hate to SevenSea, the way they translate this series is absolute trash and way too many censorship to our taste. Barring simulpub, we'll just continue to provide fan translation and you guys decide which one's better.
Even if they go simulpub, please, don't ever drop this series!

Dex-chan lover
A lot of them still use Internet Explorer until Microsoft stopped support for it last year. Even then they used IE mode on Edge after that. This bcs government website biased toward IE.
The old farts there are just stupid stubborn and won't change their old ways.

Remember that kid who invented a mini carrier that can help elementary school kids with their heavy school backpacks? Yea the old men cried about it, shouting things like "that's not how it's supposed to be", "it's a rite of passage for kids", etc.

Fed-Kun's army
Dude, it’s a huge deal. We’ve seen the Capua kingdom royal family be reluctant to use paired parchment sheets to communicate over long distances instantly. They are extremely limited resources, so they are only used when absolutely necessary.

Being able to freely use instant long distance communication would be a game changer for politics, military, economics, .. everything! Demand for the magic tools and parchment would be huge and the desert tribes that own the only place those dragons are found will become very rich. This invention basically gives the tribes a gold mine. And doesn’t have any downside for the royal family as they still need to create the metal plates and will continue to get business from that.

The thing is, I wonder if it’s good to benefit your potential enemy kingdom so much like this… But maybe that’s why he did it ‘publicly’ so that as the inventor, he can receive/have the rights to purchase the magic tools and parchment for the Capua kingdom as well.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, it’s a huge deal. We’ve seen the Capua kingdom royal family be reluctant to use paired parchment sheets to communicate over long distances instantly. They are extremely limited resources, so they are only used when absolutely necessary.

Being able to freely use instant long distance communication would be a game changer for politics, military, economics, .. everything! Demand for the magic tools and parchment would be huge and the desert tribes that own the only place those dragons are found will become very rich. This invention basically gives the tribes a gold mine. And doesn’t have any downside for the royal family as they still need to create the metal plates and will continue to get business from that.

The thing is, I wonder if it’s good to benefit your potential enemy kingdom so much like this… But maybe that’s why he did it ‘publicly’ so that as the inventor, he can receive/have the rights to purchase the magic tools and parchment for the Capua kingdom as well.
Very true. If they betray him without cause, other nations will know they cannot be trusted.

Fed-Kun's army
My only issue with this tool is how the other side knows when a message is coming. Is the sound of the skin changing loud enough?
They’d probably have a job specifically to watch it. And then probably the sender will wait for a reply signal to know it’s been properly received.

Dex-chan lover
More like a magical teletype, or a fax if you will.
Just what a contemporary Japanese man would suggest, faxing things instead of email is still very much a thing over there...
it's still a thing in the us too.

Dex-chan lover
The consiquence of that is going to be pretty huge. Much larger than maybe the MC realizes

Also it isnt a printer it is a radio telegraph or wireless fax machine

Supporter
You could just add an extra element to it that produces sound when heated, for example those boiler whistles. (Connect it through non-magical metal or something. Or just add magical whistle.)

Dex-chan lover
I thought that he would come up with some new form of military uniform, but turns out to be a rudimentary printing press instead.

Can't say I'm disappointed, but still quite an idea.
I think he should very much NOT meddle with any military/weaponry inventions when dealing with other countries. Even if he makes something for his own country it would just lead to other nations learning that concept and then making it themselves and BOOOOM, we have a huge jump into war power and the country with the most (or most appropriate) availability of the resources needed can simply steamroll everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
You sort of missed my point; the one who don't have to work 24/7 are those old-farts who owns the companies. I'm saying they live long because they don't have to break themselves down just to make do like their underlings.
Yeah but they had to work at some point. And Japan is literally one of the oldest populations in the world. Like their work culture is totally horrible, and people do die, but the same people who are living for ever worked in that culture till they got out.

Dex-chan lover
Romance? Not really, no. Interesting is subjective - I'm still finding the LN engaging even though there's been very little of what I'd call romance in the last several books.
Scratch that i made a whole rant about the order of the tags but then saw I was wrong I'm a dumbass.
Anyway too bad it was interesting (for me) at first but it was over too quickly (the romance), I should've left earlier but I hoped the whole political thing was just a phase. However if it's the main focus of the story I don't care for it.
Best whishes for y'all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm a but stupid, but how does the heat on the metal he burn transfer to the other side? With magic? It's still work over long distance?
The predecessor, scorched paper, is a magic tool where two different papers would heat up and be damaged in the same exact positions in long distances. This allowed them to be used as communication devices as what was written in the first paper would be mimicked to the another paper. While useful, they can be written with limited times as the burned areas would remain damaged.

This new versions, heating plates, work in similar nature. The area that is heated by a letter rod heats up a letter's shaped mark and is mimicked to a other plate. Now the heat isn't visible on the plate in of it self but with using transforming dragons hide as thermal paper, the plate heats up the hide and the letter becomes visible.

These are better than papers, because after the message is written with rods, they can be written down from the hide to a normal paper and let the plates and hides cool down for them to be reused once again. No need to create new tools once again after use.

Users who are viewing this thread