S-Rank Party Kara Kaikosareta [Jugushi] ~"Noroi no Item" Shika Tsukuremasen ga, Sono Seinou wa Artifact-kyuu nari......!~ - Ch. 33.1

Dex-chan lover
So water monsters, followed by forest beasts and then some ghost of the demon king. Not to mention the typical trope of some dark elf doing something stupid, due to our party being outsiders etc.
Sounds fun.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
i just find it fun that they are like ooh yeah level 11 rogue, level 10 artificer armourer/warrior with support mage of lvl 9 are together with random due being lvl 20 curse artificer!

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Still calling it that the mc is great with curses because he's the incarnation of a bit of the demon king
Given how much of a airhead he is, probably the demon king's empty skull
My (unlikely) theory. MC is actually not an airhead, but the curses have messed with his mind for years.

His current personality is a result of being exposed to so many curses.

Dex-chan lover
I get that this chapter is mostly meant to be world-building, but it comes off so much as an exposition dump that it feels almost like a nothingburger of a chapter.

Like, I get that it's necessary information to fill out the lore, but because the chapter is mostly people sitting around talking, it feels like not much happened at all.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update! So if it's such a long journey to get to and from the farming village to the dark elf village, why the hell did she choose it as the place to look for the answer to the curse? Especially since it's such a small village with a low population and low influx of travelers, the odds of finding the right person there rather than in a larger town are miniscule! I mean, it worked out somehow, but like...

Dex-chan lover
I like how many of us think of things going awry first when hearing "a journey meticulously calculated" :kek:

I can barely ride for 1km because my stamina is low, our narrow roads have relatively high vehicle traffic, and they're very slightly elevated :fml:. Although, the trip back home is nice.

Dex-chan lover
It's such a pity. As someone who likes old buildings, it's annoying to read how there used to be castle here or there, but due to ancient politics, the place fell out of favour, and the locals dismantled the castle to build cowsheds or whatever. But then again, for the locals back then, it wouldn't have been an old, historical monument. It would have been just a source of useful, necessary resources.
Yeah, I agree, why you go to all the trouble of using new stone and other materials that take effort and money to process into something useful, when you can repurpose old ruins instead. It would have been a huge waste not to, unlike now when we just leave the remains of buildings to rot.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the update! So if it's such a long journey to get to and from the farming village to the dark elf village, why the hell did she choose it as the place to look for the answer to the curse? Especially since it's such a small village with a low population and low influx of travelers, the odds of finding the right person there rather than in a larger town are miniscule! I mean, it worked out somehow, but like...
Gimli is just one of the many dark elf agents they have. She got planted in Farm Edge because no one cares if a random dark elf becomes a guild leader of a backwater village. This gives them a foot into the adventurer guild network. Secondly, Farm Edge has an abnormally large amount of undead and cursed locations near it. Useful for searching and researching curses.

Also:
Demon King's Castle > Demon King's Hidden Treasury > Demon King's Personal Cursed Item Collection

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh: Don't remind me that Sauron wanted to shack up with Galadriel in Bezos' trash non-canon fanfic "Rings of Power"
I think calling Ring of Power a "fanfic" is pretty inaccurate, it would imply that anyone working on the show was a fan of the source material.

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact, this is why most ancient buildings didn't survive the years between antiquity and now. Not cause there was some big disaster that knocked them all over, but because good stone for building walls, houses, and castles isn't easy to come by. Only a third of the Roman Colosseum remains, precisely because it was regularly repurposed to build new palaces and churches.
It's such a pity. As someone who likes old buildings, it's annoying to read how there used to be castle here or there, but due to ancient politics, the place fell out of favour, and the locals dismantled the castle to build cowsheds or whatever. But then again, for the locals back then, it wouldn't have been an old, historical monument. It would have been just a source of useful, necessary resources.
I always thought it was hilarious, that at one point it became fashionable with the upper crust to have ruins of old castles/palace/forts/monasteries etc but there weren't actually that many left, so they had to get creative. What most did was just build fake ruins on their property and a few built a new mansion, moved into that new mansion and then burned/tore down the old one, leaving the ruins there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread