Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
The story is a mess... Made a massive high quality tobacco leaf farm, made his own booming business by selling said tobacco to the whole town, got into a fight with the other mass selling tobacco business, makes totems as if it is a crazed religion, and figures out he will marry his sister when she becomes of age. Oke.

Aggregator gang
Should genetic disorders be able to be fixed by magic, I don't really see the problem.

@ventisca Nope, they work exactly the same, if we assume that the clan is way beyond the stage of gene purification through deaths of children with diseased genes, leaving only intact genes in the pool. With albinism as the main characteristic of the clan, we can be sure that's the case. So on that point incest is somewhat less dangerous than outbreeding that would introduce defective genes again.

The only problem left would be methylation often found in inbred children.

@Morsealworth What a horrible way to pass the gene. Moral aside (because they probably killed or abandoned sick children), less genetic diversity makes a population more prone to a certain disease. I mean, if one person sick because of one infectious disease, it's more likely to wipe the entire population.

@ventisca immunity to infection is completely unrelated to the gene pool, though? Those are stored in RNA only last time I checked.

I absolutely agree on "Many children had to die in the process" notion being horrible as heck, though. Not that current disruption of genetic selection because of extensive care is much better, though.

Dex-chan lover
@ventisca they may have died, but not necessarily because they were killed: if you read the paper that @Morsealworth linked, it said that when they started, out of 150 LITTERS of mice, only 58 INDIVIDUALS survived to the birth, and only 3 reached maturity.

Or maybe having strong magic powers prevent all of that...

Users who are viewing this thread