Sen no Sukiru o Motsu Otoko - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
honestly they make a good pair, and both have feelings for each other already, i wish the whole thing with his wife get resolved soon...

Dex-chan lover
Usually I'd say the opposite for other manga, but here, just get divorced already.

Aggregator gang
@Hollow7F I don't know WTF is wrong with his wife but the divorce rate in japan is climbing http://factsanddetails.com/japan/cat18/sub117/item616.html well not as high as the US though.

Dex-chan lover
few chapters earlier (not sure which one), someone said
he will divorce his wife later

iirc
it was a loveless marriage

only 3mth old at that. which begs the question, why even marry in the 1st place.

Dex-chan lover
If I were them, I'd find something I could buy for cheap in Japan and sell for considerable mark-up in that world. I almost get the feeling they're somehow accomplishing the opposite...

Dex-chan lover
Yes, woman, your falling for him.

@nBKujou

He thought he could make something from it.

@Hell_Satan

Let's just mark it up to the usual "I need money" deal. Gold diggers, man. All of us need to be cautious of them.

Bleugh, I hope that we get to more fulfilling character stuff soon. While I can appreciate the ability to go between our world and the other world, the focus on the economics stuff feels like a bit of a drag. While it comes with world building, the economics we see at play honestly make the MC and friend look pretty silly with how they're going for such low mark ups compared to the reactions they're getting out of people. I get that we're also taking it a bit slower right now, but I'm honestly rooting for the God to show up and say that they're upsetting the world's balance or something by exploiting the position he's given them with all this stuff just to bring an end to the economics, despite how it's only really been the focus of half a chapter each for the past two chapters? I'm probably just grumpy because I liked the premise of the guy sorta balancing his life in our world with the life in the other world and seeing the conflict with his wife resolved or how the skills helped him in his life here, but as we've progressed the dual world aspect of this has generally just been used to marvel at how much better our technology is than this world's technology and feels as if it forgot that the guy had a life in this world in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Although I like the relationship he has with Clara, I feel like her monopolizing his summoning is against the spirit of why the God wanted a summoned beast for that world in the first place. Also, the fact he hasn't even thought of his wife since like Ch 2 makes the dragging out of their inevitable divorce even more baffling to me.

Group Leader
I keep mixing up Clara and the girl. The only major difference I can see is the shape of the hair, so it's kind of frustrating to keep track of which one we're talking about.

Dex-chan lover
@nBKujou because the author wanted to make the readers feeling symphathetic towards the MC by making him a victim lol. Who cares if it isn't making sense, he just need an easy plot device.

Dex-chan lover
imo, feels a bit stupid to go for high-class goods that are fragile (At least they didn't go for antiques, whose value is inflated by history instead of quality, which is moot in another world). Too high risk. Getting nice tea-sets is a good idea, but they could go for way lesser quality and still likely earn about as much. And instead those expensive things could be more durable stuff that can't accidentally break in the journey to sell it (cloths? tech, etc.).

Dex-chan lover
The clothing styles and buildings are all eighteenth century, but a porcelain tea set can't even be found in the royal palace?
Ooookay...

I feel like I've been enjoying this less since the friend was introduced to the isekai and they started introducing Earth goods.

Group Leader
So water in it's solid state can be used for water walking. Then by that logic, wouldn't water in its gas state also be possible?

@Kikaibaka the only time the wife is brought up is when the author needs to blue ball us readers and give the Mc romance plot point shallow depth which just makes it pointless. This manga is getting less enjoyable with every other chapter, the plot has dried up and now we’re left with only filler

Users who are viewing this thread