Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 14 Ch. 70 - Tradition.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand. Why are people people in here complaining and telling the translator to stop. Let them do it, you don't have to read it. But yet when we complain about translators catching up or being slow we get a "Don't complain you don't pay them" or some nonsense like that. Well you guys aren't paying this guy so sit down and shut up.

If you've got constructive criticism than fine give it, but don't discourage someone from doing something they chose to do. You have the option to sit down and wait for Yado, so you don't need to be here saying anything.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand. Why are people people in here complaining and telling the translator to stop. Let them do it, you don't have to read it. But yet when we complain about translators catching up or being slow we get a "Don't complain you don't pay them" or some nonsense like that. Well you guys aren't paying this guy so sit down and shut up.

If you've got constructive criticism than fine give it, but don't discourage someone from doing something they chose to do. You have the option to sit down and wait for Yado, so you don't need to be here saying anything.
What's wrong with calling something bad out? There's mistakes. A lot of them and people don't like that. Especially when it's different and arguably quite worse than what there was before

Dex-chan lover
What's wrong with calling something bad out? There's mistakes. A lot of them and people don't like that. Especially when it's different and arguably quite worse than what there was before
Telling them how to improve and giving CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism is one thing. There's nothing wrong with that. But out of all the complaint post in this thread only 2 of them give constructive criticism, and one of them is being an asshole while doing it. The rest are people whining and bitching and being jerks. All that will serve to do is demotivate someone and make them leave.

Most the people in this thread barely speak 1 language, this guy speaks 3 understandably, but yet they're making fun of him and insulting, not just evaluating the work.

This is a single person translation, with no proofreader and it's this quality. How many translators in our community can pull that off? It's a small number. Because there are plenty of GROUPS doing translation that are at this quality. Imagine once this translator actually gets settled in and used to it, and maybe gets a proof reader.

Aggregator gang
Patience is a rare virtue. Also the RAWs are like, six or so chapters ahead of the translation , so some readers are getting antsy, I guess.
exactly. If the other group didn't want to be sniped, they shouldn't have dropped the series. It's one thing to be one chapter behind schedule. But this series is waaaay behind the raws. And this is a monthly manga, if I remember it correctly.

Power Uploader
I will never understand. Why are people people in here complaining and telling the translator to stop. Let them do it, you don't have to read it.

And what I don't understand is WHY he had to choose a manga ACTIVELY done by another group (even if arguably slowly) instead of doing one of the thousand manga out there that have been actually abandoned and that people are waiting for.

He just wants visibility, so he chose a popular manga, that's all there is to it. It's just a guy putting out some trash and jerking off to the attention. He's literally ruining the scanlation of a good series because it drastically increases the chances of the other group dropping it. And we're supposed to thank him to put out some barely legible English with bad grammar and spelling because "it's better than nothing"? What will happen if that guy drops it now because he became bored, it's "too much work" or his mommy cut his internet? You'll have NOTHING.

That guy doesn't have any pride. Or if he has, it's really misplaced because his chapters are a huge pile of dung.

Dex-chan lover
And what I don't understand is WHY he had to choose a manga ACTIVELY done by another group (even if arguably slowly) instead of doing one of the thousand manga out there that have been actually abandoned and that people are waiting for.

He just wants visibility, so he chose a popular manga, that's all there is to it. It's just a guy putting out some trash and jerking off to the attention. He's literally ruining the scanlation of a good series because it drastically increases the chances of the other group dropping it. And we're supposed to thank him to put out some barely legible English with bad grammar and spelling because "it's better than nothing"? What will happen if that guy drops it now because he became bored, it's "too much work" or his mommy cut his internet? You'll have NOTHING.

That guy doesn't have any pride. Or if he has, it's really misplaced because his chapters are a huge pile of dung.
Because he likes the manga and is interested in it. Best way to improve in something is by doing something you like. My question to you is why does it matter? You don't have to read his chapter.

No he doesn't want visibility, if he did he'd pick something much more popular, that was at teh top of the list, like maybe slime dattaken, which most the groups stopped translating. But also some visibility is good, because then he can get feed back from people. If a group is gonna drop the series because someone of lower quality is doing it too, I question why THAT group is doing the translations honestly.

The one with no pride here is you. You're so insecure about yourself and your world view that you have to make up negative assumptions about people's character and paint them doing something they enjoy as evil. This is likely to make up for your own shortcomings as a person and make you seem at least tolerable by comparison.

Yes we thank people for even poor quality. Because everyone starts somewhere, and if scanlators didn't start out with this work I wouldn't have had the chance to read a lot of manga, because my finances nor my Japanese are good enough to sustain my reading without scanlators. But we also work to help them improve, we let them know when it's bad, but we still appreciate the work that they put in, because they did it, it means we got to go about our day doing our things and not trying to figure out how to translate a chapter we wanted to read.

Double-page supporter

Basically the scanlation community's sophists. Aka the useful idiots.
b7Ll3Sl.png

Everyone can make a scanlation. If it's so bad, the site's hosts themselves can just intervene and remove it.
No one owns these pirated manga. But some people of the past and today has made businesses out of these and they have seeded useful idiots with disinformation about who and what is allowed to be scanlated and to verbally attack any potential competition on social media. And it's something that has looooong been seeded in the community that it's practically a culture now to attack independent newbie scanlators.

Tldr Kids think it's cool.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Because he likes the manga and is interested in it. Best way to improve in something is by doing something you like. My question to you is why does it matter? You don't have to read his chapter.

No he doesn't want visibility, if he did he'd pick something much more popular, that was at teh top of the list, like maybe slime dattaken, which most the groups stopped translating. But also some visibility is good, because then he can get feed back from people. If a group is gonna drop the series because someone of lower quality is doing it too, I question why THAT group is doing the translations honestly.

The one with no pride here is you. You're so insecure about yourself and your world view that you have to make up negative assumptions about people's character and paint them doing something they enjoy as evil. This is likely to make up for your own shortcomings as a person and make you seem at least tolerable by comparison.

Yes we thank people for even poor quality. Because everyone starts somewhere, and if scanlators didn't start out with this work I wouldn't have had the chance to read a lot of manga, because my finances nor my Japanese are good enough to sustain my reading without scanlators. But we also work to help them improve, we let them know when it's bad, but we still appreciate the work that they put in, because they did it, it means we got to go about our day doing our things and not trying to figure out how to translate a chapter we wanted to read.

I have no respect for newbie scanlators that don't put the effort. If he was really loving the manga, he wouldn't put out this trash.

I was a newbie once too and I made the effort to run my work through people who rip it to shreds and then told me what I had to improve. And I did. I started humbly, with some small oneshots and progressively took series, from scratch, not sniping other people's work.

Since then, I translated and typesetted hundreds of chapters and I take pride in what I do, even if it's still not perfect. I make some changes post-release if people notice errors. As for this guy? Now that he shat on this manga, he'll not make any change and this pile of shit will stay here, stinking to high heavens, like the previous one.

I don't know what your job is, but I hope you take pride in what you do. What would you think if someone came and put out some trash, pretending to do your job in your place and people praised them for it? You would be delighted I guess? Give them "advice" and tell them to keep on going? I'm sure you wouldn't think "what's the point of redoing this thing if people think it's good enough?".

You can thank people for poor quality if you want, but thanking them for being rude, sniping and just trying to steal some limelight, makes you an asshole to the rest of the scanlators who take it a bit more seriously.

And I mind here because it's a series I like and if the original group drops it because of the assholes here, I'll be pissed.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I have no respect for newbie scanlators that don't put the effort. If he was really loving the manga, he wouldn't put out this trash.

I was a newbie once too and I made the effort to run my work through people who rip it to shreds and then told me what I had to improve. And I did. I started humbly, with some small oneshots and progressively took series, from scratch, not sniping other people's work.

Since then, I translated and typesetted hundreds of chapters and I take pride in what I do, even if it's still not perfect. I make some changes post-release if people notice errors. As for this guy? Now that he shat on this manga, he'll not make any change and this pile of shit will stay here, stinking to high heavens, like the previous one.

I don't know what your job is, but I hope you take pride in what you do. What would you think if someone came and put out some trash, pretending to do your job in your place and people praised them for it? You would be delighted I guess? Give them "advice" and tell them to keep on going? I'm sure you wouldn't think "what's the point of redoing this thing if people think it's good enough?".

You can thank people for poor quality if you want, but thanking them for being rude, sniping and just trying to steal some limelight, makes you an asshole to the rest of the scanlators who take it a bit more seriously.

And I mind here because it's a series I like and if the original group drops it because of the assholes here, I'll be pissed.
"If he was really loving the manga"
Oh well you messed up your English your post is no longer worth anything delete it.

Dex-chan lover
It's rather telling how you didn't address anything he said and instead tried to (incorrectly) use an ad hominem fallacy to dismiss it all.
It's rather telling how little attention you pay to the situation. The point is to highlight how stupid people are being by saying that he should never have posted because of his grammar wasn't good. Kirin being one of the people who said so. The entire point is if you dismiss it with such attitude it's entirely dumb.

Also you don't get to say that when literally Kirin didn't address any of the points I brought up in my original post they responded to. Instead they went on a rant about their own made up assumptions as to what is happening.

And lastly, you are wrong about the ad hominem fallacy. Because first off for it to be ad hominem I would have to be attacking their position or them instead of addressing their points. Which by the way if that is what you read what I was doing as, that would be CORRECT application of an ad hominem fallacy, because it is a fallacy, it is incorrect, so doing it 'correctly' is to be incorrect. However what I'm doing isn't actually an ad hominem, because I am addressing his argument, by actually using his argument against him. I'm highlighting how stupid this argument is by using it in context.

So please don't come in here and try to act smart when you can't even be bothered to read all of what was involved.

Edit: And I just went through and looked. You have some nerve talking about dismissing shit. You went through and striked all my post, but didn't actually say shit constructive. You're just a hypocrite. Try to talk shit but can't even do it yourself.

Power Uploader
It's rather telling how little attention you pay to the situation. The point is to highlight how stupid people are being by saying that he should never have posted because of his grammar wasn't good. Kirin being one of the people who said so. The entire point is if you dismiss it with such attitude it's entirely dumb.

You're part of the problem and you don't even realize it. It's because of people like you that these guys armed with google translate, mspaint and a vague knowledge of English, think they're hot shit and bring something to the "community". When they're obviously just littering the Internet with garbage.

As long as you praise them when they do zero effort, why would they try to improve? It's all free egoboost. I don't get why you're white-knighting here. You gain what? A shitty translation which is most probably inaccurate and visual garbage rotting your brain. Actually, you and that "scanlator" don't respect this manga, or even the medium. And you're disrespecting people who actually learned Japanese. Not talking about the author.

Your point about how they'll improve is stupid as you're simply encouraging them to continue to produce garbage. No serious group will want a "translator" that knows neither English or Japanese. Who will have the patience to teach someone who doesn't make any effort? He'll remain alone and continue to produce garbage until he gets bored or school resumes and the series will stay dead. Hope you'll be happy then.

Dex-chan lover
You're part of the problem and you don't even realize it. It's because of people like you that these guys armed with google translate, mspaint and a vague knowledge of English, think they're hot shit and bring something to the "community". When they're obviously just littering the Internet with garbage.

As long as you praise them when they do zero effort, why would they try to improve? It's all free egoboost. I don't get why you're white-knighting here. You gain what? A shitty translation which is most probably inaccurate and visual garbage rotting your brain. Actually, you and that "scanlator" don't respect this manga, or even the medium. And you're disrespecting people who actually learned Japanese. Not talking about the author.

Your point about how they'll improve is stupid as you're simply encouraging them to continue to produce garbage. No serious group will want a "translator" that knows neither English or Japanese. Who will have the patience to teach someone who doesn't make any effort? He'll remain alone and continue to produce garbage until he gets bored or school resumes and the series will stay dead. Hope you'll be happy then.
No the part of the problem is you. This person isn't MTL first off, they're doing it naturally, they're just not a native speaker. It's people like you that make outsiders think our community is full of toxic elitist and makes people stay away.

You say zero effort but then what the hell was that in your last post? You said you posted when you were getting started and got tore into. Was that zero effort? There is a clear improvement in quality between last chapter and this one they're getting better. But how are they gonna get better if they stop?

And respect the manga? Oh that is laughable. We're fucking pirating this shit. If you get down to it we're all disrespecting the manga unless we have express permission from the owner to translate.

And are you stupid they're going for their N2 Japanese proficiency, plenty of groups would want someone at that level. But things take time, just like you took time to learn. You didn't come out perfect right from the gate. The only difference between you at the start and this guy is that they are working with TWO languages they aren't native in, and they don't have a proof reader to go over their things before they post.

You can't even say anything that is factual, it's just nothing but baseless hate. You're entirely blinded by some stupid superiority complex and your insecurities that you can't even speak truths. Your entire argument is based on you AASSSUMING you know anything more about this person than has been reveled. But you're just plain wrong. Like for one it's pretty freakin' obvious this isn't MTL, because the mistakes are simply grammar mistakes, we're not looking at context issues or anything like that. Also the drastic improvement in quality suggest it's not MTL as well. You'd know that if you bothered to actually look into what you're complaining about before you bitched.

And I think Mangadex as a website would prefer to be known as warm and inviting to people trying to get into the community, rather than as a cold place full of elitist who will tear you apart because you don't instantly meet their quality standards.

Group Leader

I absolutely understand the criticism that if getting sniped is enough to drop the series, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, I also think that there are different people with different motivations and everyone is just doing this as a hobby, so you can't really be that critical - you're willing to defend this absolute pile of slop, but not people that actually put effort into the thing that they love enough to put work into bringing it to an English language.

I don't think that this is something that can be summarised as just bad and that they are just learning and we can help them to improve. This is "I didn't look up a guide and I don't give a shit what it looks like and I just wanted to get this out with no concern for the reader". I also don't see you giving them any guidance just saying.

Another thing that you have to think about is the actual original creator of this work. That person considered long and hard what language is best to use, it really is your job as somebody that wants to bring their work to an English audience to actually respect their intent and not to shit all over it with like, a really really poor understanding of English. By all means, if you want to scanlate, go for it, find a group of people willing to give you some guidance and work with them so that you can thread the needle of scanlation, but this aint it, it's just shit. Not to mention the typesetting is horrible, bro never heard about leading.

Dex-chan lover
I absolutely understand the criticism that if getting sniped is enough to drop the series, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, I also think that there are different people with different motivations and everyone is just doing this as a hobby, so you can't really be that critical - you're willing to defend this absolute pile of slop, but not people that actually put effort into the thing that they love enough to put work into bringing it to an English language.

I don't think that this is something that can be summarised as just bad and that they are just learning and we can help them to improve. This is "I didn't look up a guide and I don't give a shit what it looks like and I just wanted to get this out with no concern for the reader". I also don't see you giving them any guidance just saying.

Another thing that you have to think about is the actual original creator of this work. That person considered long and hard what language is best to use, it really is your job as somebody that wants to bring their work to an English audience to actually respect their intent and not to shit all over it with like, a really really poor understanding of English. By all means, if you want to scanlate, go for it, find a group of people willing to give you some guidance and work with them so that you can thread the needle of scanlation, but this aint it, it's just shit. Not to mention the typesetting is horrible, bro never heard about leading.
I don't see anyone pointing the guy towards a guide to get better. You say I'm not willing to defend people who put in effort. But I've don't that plenty times over the years. Defended a lot of translation groups on both sides. Here's where your argument falls apart.

This translator is just getting started, has none of these guides or anything, and rather than giving them the chance to improve, people are blasting them. It doesn't matter if you think they didn't put in effort, you have no idea what they're going through or what effort they have put in. Maybe they just didn't know there were guides to get. They changed the font at people's request, something totally minor and inconsequential and 100% subjective. And their quality of translation has improved. So how is that showing no concern for the reader? Two releases 10 days apart, and there is improvement between those releases. How long would it take the scanlators in your group to completely change their entire way of doing things on their own from ''wrong' to 'right' without any help in doing so?

And yeah this isn't perfect on word choice but it's doing pretty good so far and getting better, that improved too. You want to talk about the author's intent. What do you think the author would appreciate more? Someone enjoying their work and using it as a way to improve themselves, or for their work to become a bad memory for that person because they were viciously mocked and bullied over the work?

Why don't you as a group leader offer them some guidance without insults or some guides. Instead of deciding their fate, actually take your position of knowledge, and offer some help? Cause if you yourself aren't going to offer it, don't make your judgement of their character on the assumption that help was ever offered to them.

Users who are viewing this thread