Sentai Daishikkaku - Ch. 93 - Three-way Battle

Dex-chan lover
That's understandable if it does come to pass and thank you 😊. Judging by this comment section alone there's an interesting case study in official vs fan translations. I always like fan translations more for feeling like an extention of the community and more grounded (even when they're far more rough).

So our main man has the goals of the average internet user👤 troll. Absolutely based (I have no idea if I'm using that right) and I love to see it. Now I just imagine if this was reality with no powers he'd just be on Twitter commenting chaotic BS on the Invader's rights association and Rangers posts.

Dex-chan lover
God damnit. If it all goes, I'm gonna miss you guys. Your work is phenomenal. The redraws are great and the translations have never felt sloppy. You do a good job of localizing it too. A lot of translators struggle to convey tone effectively, and I never felt like Ranger Reject had that problem.

It really does feel like even the best official releases struggle to compare with the best fan translations. Because the fans don't have deadlines to worry about, and don't have to deal with censorship. You guys have definitely proven to be one of the best. Thank you for all your hard work.

Dex-chan lover
I checked the Ranger When!? Scans group.

0 Members.

Guess it got serialized on K-MANGA.

There's no stopping the spiral into sadness now.

RvtK8E7.png

I'll always be sad when translation teams drop mangas because of official translations, I feel like there's something deeply human in there that's lost with official translations.
Hmm... sometimes. Translators are often fans themselves even the official ones. I think the difference is that the editor or some sort of higher decision makers forces some things and so it seems more corporate.

For instance the title itself "Ranger Reject" turns into "Go Go Loser Ranger" thats something the translation staff clearly made no decision about.

Having read the official translation though, the translation outside of the title (where there is likely less supervision) is quite good.

Dex-chan lover
D about to show them what they put the "D" in "Daddy"

In all seriousness though, thank you Ranger When!? Scans for your hard and amazing work for those 2 years. Just know that you will greatly be missed and your efforts will not be forgotten, o7 :qq:

Users who are viewing this thread