Shiboritoranaide, Onna Shounin-san - Vol. 9 Ch. 46.1 - The Bangles' Cost Part 1

I doubt the stats suppression is perm, and if so, then there exists the potential for Lavi to get a skill and or use an item with a "curse" breaking effect.
Honestly this was a good chapter, but holy was I not prepared for this!!!

Dex-chan lover
I think this is the first time we see Lavi (Rabi still fit better) as denuinely pissed.

Contributor
Guys, she is lying... the third cost is her getting hurt. She isn't saying that so he doesn't know she gets hurt in his stead.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Angry Lavi is scary. Kid's talking like a murderer-to-be. Penultimate boss is totally his sister.

Dex-chan lover
dont think lavi is gonna come out like fucking goku out of this, but maybe ahead of the curve, son of great adventurers and all that, thats some pedigree afterall

Dex-chan lover
Figured as much, the bigger question now is, are the stat suppressors a permanent effect or will they return to normal if the bangles are removed? Or are they lost forever?
It's likely that the stats wouldn't matter after all is said and done. Remember, Lavi was already pretty pathetic stat-wise before the shackles, they are just sort of doubling down on whatever curse he has. I doubt even his "normal" amount is reasonable compared to everyone else.

i mean, would kind of kill the major appeal of the fights if he could just fight normally like everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that Connie looks so goddamn proud of herself when admitting that she knowingly and intentionally kneecapped Lavi's stats is the final nail in the coffin for her in my opinion. She no longer is just goofy, dangerously obsessive sister, she has deliberately ruined a good chunk of Lavi's life with this stunt. I don't hope she dies; i hope Lavi tells her to go fuck herself and she spirals into depression

Dex-chan lover
"Stat Suppression" is such a stupid plot device to villainize the sister. What low stats, MC could move like a ninja in chapter 44!

How did MC even get "unlimited" from? Normally most people would think that something extremely powerful and convenient like automatic resurrection can only be invoked for a very limited times.

And it's actually "Damage Transfer," NOT "Unlimited Resurrection." The sister took the full brunt of the lethal attack that MC took, so the price that MC had to pay wouldn't be that steep. Imagine if MC took a fatal hit to the head or the heart. The sister would die. The sister actually guaranteed MC at least a second chance.

Also the "Damage Transfer" is actually extremely important for the spoiled MC. MC is a borderline suicidal daredevil who kept pushing his luck so much despite his low stats, so without that buff I think he would have died in a ditch somewhere already.

Honestly. The sister spoiled him too much.

Users who are viewing this thread