Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.2

Contributor
I can see that since he's a tyrant that's solely powered on the progression of humanity, the serfs realizing that they have it better of with him in charge and wind up fighting for him. I mean, killing the corrupt nobles? A proletariat's wet dream.

Supporter
I feel like his plan is gonna fail spectacularly

Human kingdoms will start attacking eachother instead of him and the territory he occupied will realize that it’s better under him and attack any army that comes to save them

Dex-chan lover
@Justking14 I mean, when the occupation force is mainly undead, and they just allow you to continue life without some kind of food tax? Normal peasants may praise the life this demon lord gave to them by killing their protectors... but not right now, most likely. Depending on where those soldiers he slaughtered came from, they may fundamentally hate him for some time because he may have killed brothers, fathers, and husbands of those towns and villages.

Dex-chan lover
I think MC didn't plan much ahead. If all kingdoms join forces and the MC doesn't want to actually kill them all, then individuals more powerful than he is are bound to be born and after MC is killed/destroyed, humanity will reset back to the way it was before.

Aggregator gang
Hahaha how nice! he blew that pig up. that how most politicians should be treated.... But why not simply conquer the world? He can remove the corrupt and rule them justly, those who are corrupt... UNDEAD... After a few decades of effort it should be possible.

@BobPotato I don't think so. His goal is to stop conflicts between the humans. He is doing this through presenting himself as a existential threat to the humans. The way the story is going I believe the civilians his domain don't even factor into the plan. Later in the story it may change but currently they are just presented as remnants of the country and surrendered territory, and potential sources of undead soldiers, not as any source of commerce, levies, or taxes. Considering that, I doubt their lives are in any way better than they were before, while also potentially much worse than before.

Users who are viewing this thread