Skip and Loafer - Vol. 9 Ch. 52 - Heart-thumping Ocean, Pt. 2

Dex-chan lover
Let him know, Fumi! Shima, bro, you have to figure out your own feelings and stop letting people tell you how to be, think and feel. Mitsumi is not your mom. And, like Fumi said, she doesn't have all the answers. Figure. IT. OUT!

Dex-chan lover
Let him know, Fumi! Shima, bro, you have to figure out your own feelings and stop letting people tell you how to be, think and feel. Mitsumi is not your mom. And, like Fumi said, she doesn't have all the answers. Figure. IT. OUT!
yo, you can't just tell a guy with mommy issues that his crush is not his mom. you can't just speedrun 10+ years of therapy like that

Dex-chan lover
I think I read Fumi's comment totally different than others here, for me it seemed like she was dissing Mitsumi behind her back saying she's not good at anything besides studying? But everyone's comments here made me think I misread the subtext.
the closest bond between friends is to acknowledge their flaws and say it with a smile. I don't think she was dissing her

the closest bond between friends is to acknowledge their flaws and say it with a smile. I don't think she was dissing her
Yup, this. Fumi was basically just saying how Mitsumi is as a person. "She is who she is", basically. Out of context it can sound mean, but if you put context to play (them best friends for years) and the fact that Fumi saw someone trying to care for Mitsumi but not understanding them entirely (that being Shima) she is basically helping them out to move forward in their current relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread