Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 54 - Heart-thumping Ocean, Pt. 4

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Looks like Sousuke's feelings for Mitsumi just gets bigger and bigger.
Really funny to see Sousuke react on seeing Mitsumi getting chummy with her male childhood friend Tacchan :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
Author-san... two volumes of this Shima stuff is enough for the moment. Please, please, please spotlight the girls again! The last time any of them really got focus as actual characters was I think right before the mountain climb. Even that chapter that ended with the rainbow jump was still focused on the Mitsumi/Shima relationship that they were just playing Greek chorus to.

I get that Shima's a mess but for me the cast as a whole and how well realized they are is the big strength of the series so having two nonstop volumes (and more) of Shima endlessly moping or questioning everything and going "what is... love?" is getting tiresome, especially when it's the focal point of a story arc that I was looking forward to because I expected to see some interesting interactions with all of the cast and Mitsumi's family and hometown friends. Like why can't we get an all-girls hangout akin to the sleepover chapter with Fumi and Maharu added? Even Nao basically disappeared or is wallpaper.

I can understand pulling back on the first year crew a bit because Ujiie and Yasaka needed to get established but at this point everyone who's not Shima and Mitsumi (but mostly Shima) has been virtual wallpaper for about a year and a half and I'm really starting to resent him for it. I want to see the other central characters and their struggles as well, not just Shima's.

Aggregator gang
Author-san... two volumes of this Shima stuff is enough for the moment. Please, please, please spotlight the girls again! The last time any of them really got focus as actual characters was I think right before the mountain climb. Even that chapter that ended with the rainbow jump was still focused on the Mitsumi/Shima relationship that they were just playing Greek chorus to.

I get that Shima's a mess but for me the cast as a whole and how well realized they are is the big strength of the series so having two nonstop volumes (and more) of Shima endlessly moping or questioning everything and going "what is... love?" is getting tiresome, especially when it's the focal point of a story arc that I was looking forward to because I expected to see some interesting interactions with all of the cast and Mitsumi's family and hometown friends. Like why can't we get an all-girls hangout akin to the sleepover chapter with Fumi and Maharu added? Even Nao basically disappeared or is wallpaper.

I can understand pulling back on the first year crew a bit because Ujiie and Yasaka needed to get established but at this point everyone who's not Shima and Mitsumi (but mostly Shima) has been virtual wallpaper for about a year and a half and I'm really starting to resent him for it. I want to see the other central characters and their struggles as well, not just Shima's.
I get what you're saying but this is the fan scanlation page not the official one the author won't see your comment 😅 just sit back and enjoy it, let it flow i trust the author will focus on the girls again after this

Let's go shima you see it now that you don't have to overplease others anymore as long as you have your friends 😉
Mitsumi tho never fails to warm my heart 😇❤️

Dex-chan lover
Actually i'd rather have a Mukai focus, dude been here since chapter one and we barely know anything about him compared to the rest of the cast.
That too, we know as much about him as we do Mitsumi's kouhai or Tomoe.

Dex-chan lover
shima bb our lil doesnt seem like it to most folks but v anxious overthinking shy around mitsumi wants to come off well guy 😭💗

so earnest!!!! so wiggly wobbly human of them all 🥺🥺🥺

and seeing nao chan and the kids is so so healing 😭💗💗💗

Dex-chan lover
chapter felt kinda short this time. glad Shima is coming into his own. the scene where he's falling asleep while the others play video games is so nostalgic to me. i miss those kinds of days

Double-page supporter
To be honest, I can relate to Shima. I would say I have almost the same set of personality as him but as a girl, like being a people pleaser, a pushover and overthinking. I also self aware and criticize myself a lot in my head and this chapter hit me hard. Thank you author, I will try to be a little kind to myself.

Double-page supporter
To be honest, I can relate to Shima. I would say I have almost the same set of personality as him but as a girl, like being a people pleaser, a pushover and overthinking. I also self aware and criticize myself a lot in my head and this chapter hit me hard. Thank you author, I will try to be a little kind to myself

I respect your opinion, but just to let you know it's your own opinion, and I personally love these recent chapters so much. Other central characters have their own struggles but not in this freaking summer vacation where they just want to relax and have fun. Please there's a time for anything and just because you hate it doesn't mean the manga has to go to your preferred direction. I know the author wouldn't read your comment but telling the author to do this and that to their own story because you think it would make it better FOR YOU is the most childish things I have ever read in this comment session. This is so Twitter.

Fed-Kun's army
wahhh my preciuous babiesss 😭

they are really good kids, especially Mitsumi; throwing up publicly as a life lesson for the others haha

Double-page supporter
Shima getting embarrassed and feeling self-conscious over himself :'D I also love how...alive, the town feels? Like the way the characters are written interacting with the places they go to really brings Mitsumi's hometown to life, it feels like I'm on a summer trip too~

Users who are viewing this thread