Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 55 - Heart-thumping Ocean, Pt. 5

Dex-chan lover
i like Mukai. surprised to see strong dislike of him. i don’t think he’s been depicted as a shallow tag-a-long friend or anything. the author has already spent time fleshing out how Mukai sees Shima (he’s frustrated that Shima is a bit cold and doesn’t let him in) and he’s already had scenes where he and Mika resonate with each other. not saying they have to end up together, but he’s already been treated as an actual character, not a flimsy best friend trope, so what’s the issue if he falls for Mika or vice versa?

also confused by people shipping Mika with Nao. Mika is a minor, and Nao is into guys.

Aggregator gang
i like Mukai. surprised to see strong dislike of him. i don’t think he’s been depicted as a shallow tag-a-long friend or anything. the author has already spent time fleshing out how Mukai sees Shima (he’s frustrated that Shima is a bit cold and doesn’t let him in) and he’s already had scenes where he and Mika resonate with each other. not saying they have to end up together, but he’s already been treated as an actual character, not a flimsy best friend trope, so what’s the issue if he falls for Mika or vice versa?

also confused by people shipping Mika with Nao. Mika is a minor, and Nao is into guys.
THIS. Nao also has a guy she's into??? I don't get how that person form that opinion. Unless they missed chapters or something?? I'm so confused.

Dex-chan lover
I think it could come true, in the future. They have quite a special connection. Mukai is someone who see Mika both her good and bad sides. The part where he imagine if someone like Mika confess to him he wouldn't mind could be a hint to. I think their relationship can develop slowly, but definitely will!
Not you telling a person they GLAD a clique romantic pair DIDNT come true that "oh it would definitely come true" LMAO

To think that this manga went all it way to talk about platonic and romantic in the most detail way possible, only to its fan to STILL have nothing in their rotting brain but a constant about shipping every male and female character romantically everytime they become closer than "hi hello", y'all are embarrassing

And if this series really do make Mika and Mukai canon in the future, then it's just dissapointing and such a trash move turnaround lol what the point of dedicating a whole series about romantic and platonic if you can't at least have one close male female duo as platonic friendship in the main cast lol

Dex-chan lover
but he’s already been treated as an actual character, not a flimsy best friend trope, so what’s the issue if he falls for Mika or vice versa?
The issue is that it's bad writing, "he's a romantic interest, he's finally being treated as a character" that what you sound like lmao you want him to be a character or you just want to use him to cater to your shipping brainrot?

I'm not saying that a romantic interest character is not a character, but imagine your story has a friend group cast that has 3 boys and 4 girls:
-the 1st boy would definitely become a romantic pair with one of the girls in the future at this point
-the 2nd boy not becoming a pair with a different girl in those 4 only because that boy found a girl outside of that friendgroup but he indeed romantically attracted to one of the girls of that friendgroup
-now the 3rd boy would romantically attracted to one of the girls too?????

It's just cringe af when you cannot see at least 1 close relationship of a boy and a girl as friendship lmao

Dex-chan lover
The issue is that it's bad writing, "he's a romantic interest, he's finally being treated as a character" that what you sound like lmao you want him to be a character or you just want to use him to cater to your shipping brainrot?

I'm not saying that a romantic interest character is not a character, but imagine your story has a friend group cast that has 3 boys and 4 girls:
-the 1st boy would definitely become a romantic pair with one of the girls in the future at this point
-the 2nd boy not becoming a pair with a different girl in those 4 only because that boy found a girl outside of that friendgroup but he indeed romantically attracted to one of the girls of that friendgroup
-now the 3rd boy would romantically attracted to one of the girls too?????

It's just cringe af when you cannot see at least 1 close relationship of a boy and a girl as friendship lmao
lol where is this hostility coming from? that’s the actual cringe. i already said i don’t care if they’re in a relationship. i’m not one of you weird shippers or anti romance people (honestly you’re as bad as each other). i enjoy the romance when it’s there but i don’t think that’s Skip and Loafer’s charm. i was giving an example of how the author has already bothered to flesh him out (in scenes that don’t have to do with romance either, such as with Shima!), so he’s definitely not just a trope character. i don’t think he’s in the story just for Mika.

i like seeing friendships rather than romance as well, but if it’s done well by the author i personally just roll with it. it isn’t necessarily certain Mika will end up with Mukai, i just don’t think he’s a bad character. also honestly when i was in high school kids always fell for each other like crazy so it’s not surprising if feelings are developed that fast. but they can be lost fast too.

Dex-chan lover
lol where is this hostility coming from? that’s the actual cringe. i already said i don’t care if they’re in a relationship. i’m not one of you weird shippers or anti romance people (honestly you’re as bad as each other). i enjoy the romance when it’s there but i don’t think that’s Skip and Loafer’s charm. i was giving an example of how the author has already bothered to flesh him out (in scenes that don’t have to do with romance either, such as with Shima!), so he’s definitely not just a trope character. i don’t think he’s in the story just for Mika.

i like seeing friendships rather than romance as well, but if it’s done well by the author i personally just roll with it. it isn’t necessarily certain Mika will end up with Mukai, i just don’t think he’s a bad character. also honestly when i was in high school kids always fell for each other like crazy so it’s not surprising if feelings are developed that fast. but they can be lost fast too.
Oh look at that, you really know how to twist people words to your advantage huh, you coward, saying all the profound words to fullest while making someone who judge you a bad anti romance person just by wanting 1 male-female friendship, yikes, hypocrite

Dex-chan lover
@salthejackman i think you were the one twisting my words first by accusing me of “shipping brain rot”, i wasn’t saying much in my original comment. i just like Mukai as a character and i don’t think him having a crush on Mika diminishes that. for all we know nothing comes of it and they continue being friends.

i assumed you were anti-romance because you got really angry at different comments about it. but if you’re not, that’s great. for what it’s worth, being worried that the story will only fixate on romance is valid criticism. i also was tired of it a few chapters back and would love for the author to flesh out the side characters more.

btw if you are interested in a slice of life with lots of friendship, comedy, focused on a central weird character similar to Skip and Loafer, i recommend Yugami Doesn’t Have Any Friends. it’s fantastic and there’s not much romance at all unless you squint.

Double-page supporter
Not you telling a person they GLAD a clique romantic pair DIDNT come true that "oh it would definitely come true" LMAO

To think that this manga went all it way to talk about platonic and romantic in the most detail way possible, only to its fan to STILL have nothing in their rotting brain but a constant about shipping every male and female character romantically everytime they become closer than "hi hello", y'all are embarrassing

And if this series really do make Mika and Mukai canon in the future, then it's just dissapointing and such a trash move turnaround lol what the point of dedicating a whole series about romantic and platonic if you can't at least have one close male female duo as platonic friendship in the main cast lol
Well just my opinion, wow you are such a high and mighty person to the extend that anyone who has different opinions to you have a rotting brain. To think such person like you read the same thing that I read. Disgusting.

Do you know how insanely validating it is to see a trans character who not only is not a stereotype, not only has her feelings and development explored, but also has the physicality of a trans woman? I just love how the manga doesn't shy away from showing Nao-chan's "male" features a bit -- they're an inevitability of the trans experience and they mean a lot to me.

Do you know how insanely validating it is to see a trans character who not only is not a stereotype, not only has her feelings and development explored, but also has the physicality of a trans woman? I just love how the manga doesn't shy away from showing Nao-chan's "male" features a bit -- they're an inevitability of the trans experience and they mean a lot to me.

Mhm, I can't imagine how tear-jerking it must feel to have this. The last time I thought about Nao-chan's "male" features was that one panel when she was in bed, without her charming fashion and makeup, looking at Mitsumi at the bright doorway. That panel wasn't the highlight of the page, but it felt really vulnerable.

Dex-chan lover
Is this the best trans representation that's ever been in a manga? I obviously haven't read every manga ever. But it sure feels like this is some groudbreaking stuff right here.

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful thought that nao could take goro to the place where she wept and wondered if anyone could ever understand her...

Users who are viewing this thread