Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 108

Dex-chan lover
@MrPickle Blatantly lying like that isn't a great idea with the possibility of getting exposed later making them and him look worse. He thought the rest of the S ranks could handle it, so he declined for personal reasons like spending time with his mom who was recently released from the hospital after years spent unconscious. That statement would at least mostly be true, and better it sounds pretty reasonable on all fronts. Nobody actually expected that lineup to fail as badly as they did.

There'd still be critics on his and the associations ass, but there always will be either way. That's what people do, they criticize everything regardless of whether anything else could have been done or not. Especially if they're grieving over their own lost loved ones from something like this. Logically, anyone might see that all anyone else could have done here is risk ending up dead themselves. But emotionally, the ones who did lose someone will unconsciously set a priority on that person over everyone else that might have died instead.

Double-page supporter
Imagine criticizing the guy who did the work of other dozens of hunters.... all by himself.
Yes, let's talk shit about someone who can probably wipe a country within hours.

Dex-chan lover
@kurosa i get it, i mean, imagine that you are strong and want a strong partner but every fucking candidate smells like ass, and suddenly you meet someone that is strong as fuck and also smells nice, thats enough to at least catch her interest, also you can replace strong with smart or sporty or whatever and its the same.

Ppl fall in love for all kinds of dumb shit, is not that surprising

@RanielFlores I agree with you...
THUMBS UP
d876ad0c0f3281ed5f7e09f88bdb7ea219706e3b2da0ea7bdd7b88fa5e4f2218.png

Dex-chan lover
What's even the point of a chapter without the talking cockroach?
Plot? Pfff, good one.

Contributor
@Hollow7F I know ass in not the new Axe fragrance but her interest last 1 single chapter, the next time she saw him she already blushs, for fucks sake.

Ppl fall in love for all kinds of dumb shit, is not that surprising
I know the Women Prefer Strong Men trope is a cliche but at least let them have a normal conversation before.

Wow they really cut out the mother scene and the crying father scene for useless panels of online comments, just great, literally reducing sentimental value to 0 in byung-gu's funeral.

Adam White should not be treated like just another side character. Maybe I'm biased for liking him but giving him zero distinct facial features or characteristics is so un-becoming, as if it's more attributed to flat-out laziness at this point. Adam White is one of the characters that would glide along the story from now towards the end. His role plays out even more often than the next new mysterious character that is about to be introduced next chapter. Sucks to be Adam in this illustration.

Literally only 2 things with any meaning happened in this chapter, which is probably the pace that we have to accept, but I really really dislike the cutting out of sentimental values here. Sure we get a couple tears from the Guild master but it doesn't highlight the grief and anguish people had suffered over the years of sacrifice on the Ant Island.

'Tis was a crying shame.

I saw people commenting on the female character. Let me say try not to draw conclusions just yet. Maybe they'll include or skip within the illustration but there is a supposed explanation soon for her behavior towards Jin-woo. It has something to do with him as who he is and who he is becoming and his nature.

Dodging spoilers left and right.

@KEKW130113 agree with you about the sentimental scenes, they add alot of value. Also sad how they removed the Hunters Association taking the blame for his late entrance, I thought that was a very logical story aspect that should have remained.

Lastly, while less important, kinda pissed they removed him flying to the Hunters Association after the raid. Really wanted to see the city reacting to Kaisel's flight and landing.

Users who are viewing this thread