Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - Family and Food

Dex-chan lover
Does she know or doesn't she know? I suspect the former.

Edit; Accidentally wrote wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
@Chizan frow my viewpoint, 20% she found out him being a boy, the rest she suspects he is still hiding something, but will never press on the the matter

Contributor
Wingmom strikes again.
Now I'm just waiting for the Dad to reveal he's been even more on board than his wife.

Aggregator gang
Yea. I see it as one of 2 things:
1 - WingMama knows Kaori is packing a little extra and is trying to hook him up with Naomi.
or
1 - WingMama does think Kaori is a girl and is trying to hook her up with Naomi. However, when she learns the truth rather than "OMG, how could you! you creep!." her reaction/thought would be "Oh, so this means we can definitely expect grandbabies!".

Either way her dad is going to have an aneurysm.

From the sounds of it it seems like his Mom died a while back. Seeing as he mentioned his Dad's a terrible cook but that he's only been cooking for himself "a while now."

Fed-Kun's army
@Raloosh it is also possible that his parents are divorced, rather than his mom being deceased.

I don't know if the meaning changed from translation, but looking at Chapter 1, he mentioned that "[his] parents sucked at it, so [he] had to be the one" to cook, implying that his parents were both alive when he started cooking.

@Saury Ah, you're right. I completely forgot about that line from chapter 1.
Also yes, that's true. I always forget about divorce.

Dex-chan lover
@Saury: Actually :v from checking the raw, it's not clear.

The specific term used was 親, which can be used for both plural and singular, the translator probably opted for plural since that's the 'more likely' case.

Compare this to 両親 that specifically means both parents...(the first kanji is literally 'both')

U can't never get a better wingman than a mother of your "future" wife.
That's a goddamn smooth wave 'she' is riding right now

Fed-Kun's army
@Shewy92 and I won't call that a solid evidence. To me it's just expressing the change of her trust in him, as from a mere friend of her daugter, an "online" friend, to a real person irl, who she confronted him directly, face to face.

Dex-chan lover
You dummies Mom knows it's Kaori-kun because girls born after 1993 can't cook... all they know is mcdonald's, charge they phone, twerk, be bisexual, eat hot chip & lie

Users who are viewing this thread