Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 106

Dex-chan lover
Nooo!! Don't end things. Marin and Gojo, you two are meant to be together forever!!

Glad Non-chan was able to apologize.

Dex-chan lover
Points to the side to remind people that Marin and Gojou are teenagers and what they're going through is normal

Also much thanks for rolling out these translations and clean up as fast as usual! Really appreciate them!
I think you're selling teenagers short, to accommodate odd (and reused) writing choices. I teach teens. These two aren't 13 and their behavior here is mostly a manga invention. As a writer I can imagine why it's being done, but the execution is rough to me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Okay F this shit. I'm semi-dropping this manga and pick it back up in ch 120 or so when this arc is done.

Dex-chan lover
So serie went back to biweekly, but she still take a break after the 3rd issue, alright lol

Dex-chan lover
I think you're selling teenagers short, to accommodate odd (and reused) writing choices. I teach teens. These two aren't 13 and their behavior here is mostly a manga invention. As a writer I can imagine why it's being done, but the execution is rough to me.
Both are 15, Don't get me wrong they don't look like it, behave like it or where ever even in situations normal for 15 year olds so I understand that one would assume that they are like 17-18 or something. Just stating a fact here.

Dex-chan lover
That was BEFORE she realized she was in love with him. She told him that as a friend would.
Compare her current behaviour to even her failed confession attempt on Christmas. She was also in love back then, but acted way more reasonable.
Both are 15, Don't get me wrong they don't look like it, behave like it or where ever even in situations normal for 15 year olds so I understand that one would assume that they are like 17-18 or something. Just stating a fact here.
Well, when this is author fault to make Marin act so mature in early chapters.

Dex-chan lover
That doesn't really change anything. As you said, how they act is all over the place depending on the writing and what's needed for the plot. This situation is another example.

Dex-chan lover
They're finally alone and I hope they will clear the misunderstanding in one or two chapters and go back to some lovey dovey content cuz too much drama kills the drama.

I love when a story gets serious in a romcom but if it last for too long you tend to get tired and lose interest.

Thanks for the translation ❤️

Dex-chan lover
That doesn't really change anything. As you said, how they act is all over the place depending on the writing and what's needed for the plot. This situation is another example.
Exactly that. People arguing that they are 15 and don't know any better and yada yada use this as an excuse for writing that is plot convenient and all over the place. The characters, especially Marin is doing a complete 180.

Now what I currently assume is that "talk is cheap". Marin spouted a lot of mature stuff back then because she never had to follow through or got any backlash for it. We even saw how fragile her confidence was a couple times (where she thought Akira didn't like her for example) so what is currently happening might just be that. She's in way over her head and doesn't know what to do or say because everything might make it worse so she just... sticks her head in the sand. It's out of character if one bought her "persona" before but if one starts doubting it then this current development becomes a bit more "plausible". I think Bokuyaba did this very nicely as well. Yamada in the beginning told Ichikawa that he didn't like change. Later on she could not speak from her heart because she now understood that this could change things that she didn't wanna loose. So her perspective changed with experience and now she understood Ichikawa better.But I might be completely of track here or give the author to much credit.

ps. we still don't really know from Gojo himself what actually was his problem at comiket.

Dex-chan lover
I love all these goofuses who don't understand that "everyone was happy and then they got together and kept being happy" is a boring-ass story.

After all this, their relationship will be mature. Marin won't be in fluffy one-sided "wuv" and Gojo won't be a clueless go-along. They'll actually understand each other and be able to support each other properly.

Also, I hope everyone comparing this manga to Rent-a-Girlfriend stubs their toe. Really, really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread