Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 106

Dex-chan lover
Honestly i really like that they made bully grow up and had them reconcile. Now if our mc:s would take some example and talk about stuff instead of having stupid misunderstanding that would be great.

Dex-chan lover
You know something I've noticed from Japanese media themed around any creative medium like drawing, cosplay, music, and so on in the past decade? There has been an increase in the trope of "the main cast might split because one will have the chance to move to the big industry" or something similar.

It has happened in a few web novels I was reading recently, it also happened in Saekano, it happened recently with Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night and its lackluster final arc, it's being used as a cataclysm here. It happens in more serious idol-themed media with the trope of "one of them has the chance to go solo, leaving the others behind." etc etc

It's not like it's something new, but I've certainly been noticing it more and more in recent years.

Dex-chan lover
Reading the last couple chapters again I think Wakana will tell Marin how he truly feels instead of just walking away. The whole point of the previous chapter was him being told that he should voice his honest thoughts about what he wants with those around him...and to puruse the things he wants. Now will Marin still push him away after all of that, who knows. At this point I haven't been let down in the way that the author has resolved issues prior to this one, so we may get a good and quick resolution. I just think the release schedule has hurt the momentum of the series lately and hope things get back on track soon.

Dex-chan lover
Either this gets resolved immediately or we enter one of those arcs that are universally loved
This the first real time when Gojo and Marin are at odds. My bet it will be many, many chapters of slow and badly written drama. Marin propably already contacted some agency about cosplays and won't tell Gojo real reason for not wanting his cosplays to not make him feel guilty (just how No-chan was afraid of her not being forgiven would make Gojo guilty)

Dex-chan lover
Please say this arc dies fast this dumb. I miss the cheerful chapters. This really some dark chapters here it feels like. I just want the heart warming chapters back as they support each other. I get Fml not wanting to be the cause of him feeling down but they just need to talk it out and not leave this misunderstanding and dumb destroying there relationship for no reason. ugh this used to be so cute and fluffy

Dex-chan lover
I think you're selling teenagers short, to accommodate odd (and reused) writing choices. I teach teens. These two aren't 13 and their behavior here is mostly a manga invention. As a writer I can imagine why it's being done, but the execution is rough to me.
Alright probably not 13 but I remember when I was in my final two years of High School and I remember witnessing and also being in a lot of situations that make me sympathize with Marin and Gojou a lot. Just because those kids are almost out of high school doesn't mean they aren't still teenager either.

I also know the execution could be better but at the same time, I can't find myself faulting (that much) with the writing either. But I know that could honestly just be a me thing.

if this doesnt end in confession imma go bald (not possible i know but 5 months ffs 5 focking months)

Dex-chan lover
Would be cool if Non-chan ended up being Gojou's wingman and helped him and Marin sort out their current beef.

This the first real time when Gojo and Marin are at odds. My bet it will be many, many chapters of slow and badly written drama. Marin propably already contacted some agency about cosplays and won't tell Gojo real reason for not wanting his cosplays to not make him feel guilty (just how No-chan was afraid of her not being forgiven would make Gojo guilty)
nah the issue is Marin misunderstood Gojo when he was talking about focusing more on Doll making

Users who are viewing this thread