Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru

After catching up, I can confidently say that the rate at which the story develops and how often a new chapter is released, I'm going to pass away before any significant romantic developments.

I really dislike the monthly drop style if you cant tell.

I still like this manga, but this chapter is testing my patience. Why does every good romance manga have to devolve into ridiculous levels of drama? The real world has too much drama already, it doesn't need to exist here too.
Actually, I think this drama is a long time coming. My assumption is that Gojo realized he wants to keep doing cosplay with Marin, but he isn't ready to give up Hina dolls. Plus the fact that the Hina dolls are an emotional connection to his grandpa. It's a problem you could figure they would need to address since the first chapter. It just sucks because the monthly releases drag the drama out

Is this manga ghostwritten by AI now? Other than the art, it's completely unrecognizable when compared to how it was for the first couple dozen chapters, and absolutely not in a good way. All the side-plots/chars that the reader will completely forget before the next chapter is even out also seems like something a machine would come up with.

And I have to say I absolutely loved the "arc" where Marin was preparing for x-mas/confession over the span of multiple chapters and then they go "oh, Gojo doesn't do x-mas" and that's it. Truly 4D underwater chess storytelling.

When the anime came out, I loved it. I devoured all the manga. We're here now two years later, and there has been NO PROGRESS at all! This manga is quite literally, "Waiting for Godot" NOTHING has happened or will happen. So many pointlessly drawn out arcs, that when finished, we're right back at square one. If these two could just grow a spine and communicate honestly with each other, it wouldn't be so irritating. And more than anything, this manga became popular because of the romance plot, not the freaking cosplay. Having so many chapters dedicated to Gojo trying to find the right material was mind numbingly boring. Dropping this until there's a confession, author dropped the ball big time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
When the anime came out, I loved it. I devoured all the manga. We're here now two years later, and there has been NO PROGRESS at all! This manga is quite literally, "Waiting for Godot" NOTHING has happened or will happen. So many pointlessly drawn out arcs, that when finished, we're right back at square one. If these two could just grow a spine and communicate honestly with each other, it wouldn't be so irritating. And more than anything, this manga became popular because of the romance plot, not the freaking cosplay. Having so many chapters dedicated to Gojo trying to find the right material was mind numbingly boring. Dropping this until there's a confession, author dropped the ball big time.
it's pretty bad when the Doujin have better plot advancement than the main story. Author needs to wake up and do SOMETHING, i'd hate to have to drop another series because of this type of repetitive BS.

While I agree that the plot drags a bit in the middle (probably due to what I suspect is an aborted love rival arc) the fabric was absolutely necessary -- and had nothing to do with cosplay. Rather, it was a character development device to illustrate Wakana's talent and uncompromising vision for his work. Without that, the acknowledgement by Tokio, the mangaka known for having impossible expectations, would be meaningless.

Supporter
I dont get the idea that this is a side plot. This chapter is where the plot has been going since literally the very first page of the manga. Understanding what happened to make Gojo the way he was, contrasting with how Marin has made him what he is now by showing all of the Comiket stuff. The reintroduction of the girl who destroyed his self esteem has been a long time coming.

While I agree that the monthly release schedule is a drag, it's not like it's the only monthly title, and the next chapter is back to being bi-weekly anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Now everyone is depressed as of chapter 104...
  • Gojo thinks the he will not be able to be stand side by side at Marin's level as a professional cosplayer, under-estimating his abilities, or/and achieve his goal of taking over from gramps.
  • Marin is very guilty that she (thinks) she was holding back Gojo's ability to achieve his goals as a doll-maker because of her getting Gojo involved in Cosplay work.
  • Non is guilty that what she did in per past traumatized Gojo and they are now practically strangers.

Oh my eeny meeny miny moe manga got a new chapter! I couldn't catch it this time, but I will try to next time ( read the same day it comes out ). Wake me up after like 25 days.

idk what day of the month chapters come out but like it's almost July so better see sumn inna next chapter

Young Gangan published on the first and third Fridays of each month. During the Haniel arc, Fukuda switched to publishing in every other issue (third Fridays). But now that the arc seems to be up, MDUD will appear in the next issue on July 5. Hopefully this is a sign that we're returning to the three issues on, one issue off schedule that she was following previously.

The author really switched to a biweekly publishing schedule just to throw more misunderstandings into the story. With the entirety of chapter 105 being a life lesson for Gojo they better make him act on it in the next chapter.

Double-page supporter
The more it go on the more it getting worst. Everything feels rush and poor writing I am going to drop this and wait until it finished. For me this nonsense is getting close to the rental girlfriend.

I really hope this one does not turn into another boring, repetitive, cliche bs "romance" manga like Rent a GF or Hokkaido Gals. It's infuriating to read pointless arcs that leads to no progress; it is simply stupid and is a waste of time. Why are these new chapters based on the inability to communicate clearly of Marin and Gojo?
I feel like the author is dragging this on by screwing up their relationship with mutual misunderstandings and all that overthinking bs. People loved this manga mainly because of the romance aspect, not because of the cosplaying.
I will come back to this when Half Life 3 is out.

Users who are viewing this thread