Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 99

Dex-chan lover
Yooooo, this was a good chapter! The chapter when they arrived at Comiket shows Marin getting into character of being Haniel, the previous one is Marin's cosplay becoming Haniel, and this one is the effect of Marin being Haniel herself and Gogo's realization; whether it's feeling of jealousy and wanting him to appreciate her only or him realizing the original creator's words. Guess we'll see next chapter how it goes!
Thanks for the translations and all the work put into it! Appreciate it!!

Dex-chan lover
Rather he will probably be more like "the reason people like my costumes is because she wears them therefore I am piggybacking on her appearance and I'm actually not that good."
Nah more like "I'm not worthy of making her costumes or whatever"

t. Depressionlet with - self worth

Fed-Kun's army
Putting pacing complaints aside (I get it I guess? I just don't agree. It's deeply indulgent but I'm being indulged) I like the focus and presentation of this chapter a lot, actually. Kitagawa can only wear Haniel that well because there's someone she loves other than the photographers, and taking the time to hammer that in by showing she's spent the whole time thinking about him before transitioning to Gojo's side of things is just smooth storytelling. Of course, she can also only wear Haniel that well because Gojo loves her too - this isn't a moment that would exist without their mutual affection for each other - but what's that there on the horizon? Are we getting spicy? His dead eyes turning the regret over in his head are so cute. Gojo is cute. Kitagawa is cute. The manga is cute.

Dex-chan lover
All I am hoping for is for her to finally confess to him like she said she was going to in a prior chapter. Then hopefully he can express his potential jealousy he is feeling in this one.

Ya, I will admit I prefer the romance part of this series, the added cosplay is secondary (even though I believe the author said cosplay is the main theme)

Dex-chan lover
Marin dreamed herself getting rejected, which motivated her to confess, but it led to nothing yet.

Gojo just realised he is jelous over other people watching Marin (metaphorically self cucking himself), but I doubt he will do anything towards getting together with Marin as he still looks down on himself, so he will likely try to distamce himself from her for like the next 5 chapters.

And then a new girl will show up to create a risk of stealing Gojo and we will be stuck in a triangle or more for the next year or 2

I hope I'm wrong

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I know showing their reactions are important, but does it need to be three chapters long? She's literally been standing there for three months (in our time) while everyone is cooming (some of them adults... reminder she's still a high schooler) from her presence 😅. I get that the author is "dragging" the scene for impact, but three months/chapters of it is a tad much (two might've been enough methinks) and she (as well as anyone here complaining about people complaining that it's repetitive) is disregarding that people had to pay (not us I guess) for three repetitive chapters.

Half of this chapter was the crowd reacting, while the other half is Gojou and Marin thinking. I think no one would've had a problem if we only had Gojou/Marin's realizations and then they went through the rest of the convention since they literally just arrived a little while ago.

There's some progress at least. Our boy is now aware of his feelings in exchange of incoming drama (perhaps a love triangle/square?) from their newfound fame. I still super relate to low confidence and imposter syndrome with one's art though. Still, I'll have to keep in mind that this may be the moment where the series will turn to shit or not.

Last edited:
MD@Home
Or maybe he realized he isn't worth her.
He's probably been subconsciously suppressing/in denial of his feelings for her for a while precisely because he doesn't think he's good enough for her and it's easier to cope with that by telling himself he doesn't like her like that.

As much as I'd like to hope that we're getting a proper happy end to this soon I think that we're due for at least a little bit of "Gojo feeling like he's not good enough for Marin comes off as a rejection to her"-related drama. Which is sad considering that even with all of the worship she's getting here all she can think of is if Gojo thinks she's doing it right.

Aggregator gang
Anyone think the blonde in the crowd shows up next ch as a reporter.

Could be other possibilities but surprised noone has mentioned her yet.

Notice she's the only clear face in a sea of photographers.

Users who are viewing this thread