Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Draht

Dex-chan lover
@spiderbait Yeah, and that's fine in theory but in practice people do it so much that the notoriously evil species ends up like most isekai setting demons nowadays. The exact reason this series having actually demonic seeming demons is throwing a bunch of people for a loop. Too much of any ingredient can spoil a recipe.

Now that's one hell of a flex if I've seen one. Her expression doesn't change once during that entire exchange. She didn't for a moment think that was in any danger whatsoever. Hell, she even said that she'd roflstomp their leader and meant it in the most literal way imaginable.

I'm weak. lmao

Aggregator gang
@spiderbait you are making two assumptions:
1 - Demons have a similar enough mindset to be able to understand humans
2 - That these demons can survive without human meat. (e.g. they need a nutrient that only humans produce naturally.)

The first assumption is somewhat questionable in this manga, given that they do not seem to understand empathy and basic human relations.

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch, you might have missed something in your translation of the German names: wouldn't Granate (Grenade) be a better name for a military commander than Garnet? If we compare this world to ours, it's pre-firearms, but not by much. And grenades predate firearms by many centuries. Granat means grenade in North Germanic languages. It could be down to the manga translator or even writer being ever so slightly off. Their names are mostly descriptive of their personalities (cheerful, cold, liar etc.) or abilities (wire, I wonder where Linie lays the line), so I feel that Granate would fit better. I especially like Stark, as it's probably inspired by Starkadr who is mentioned by several medieval writers as the strongest (sic) warrior in pre-viking Scandinavia.

Dex-chan lover
"The Daemon has many forms. You must know them all. You must tell the Daemon from his disguise and root him out from the hidden places. Trust no-one. Trust not even yourself. It is better to die in vain than to live an abomination.
The zealous martyr is praised for his valour; the craven and the unready are justly abhorred."

Dex-chan lover
@stereophobic
>The world isn't black and white and you sound like a child wanting certainty you're the good guy and (insert other group) are the bad guys.
Good thing this is a manga and not the real world!
Sounds like you're the one who needs to grow up as you are unable to separate fiction with reality. Good thing we know what you think anyway considering who you're insulting and who you're coddling with your post anyway so it's easy to dismiss you as yet another dumb moralfag. Thanks for the ammo btw :^)

I'm so glad that manga is produced in japan for japanese people so it doesn't have to appease to cry babies in the west.

Users who are viewing this thread