Spider-Man: Fake Red

Aggregator gang
This is actually very OK, they really are pushing on the "everyone can be spiderman" slogan from into the spiderverse.

Group Leader
I'm an avid manga reader, but I've only read a handful of western comics. This looks great! The art took a second to get used to.
I can't help but do the calculation, because I got really confused when the main character looked like a typical manga protagonist.
This is what I would think if I were a Japanese manga writer/director/decision-maker. You can't make Peter Parker look overtly Japanese. Spiderverse makes it clear that Peter Parker has caucasian features, and the cognitive dissonance of having a caucasian with high cheek bones look like a typical boring manga protagonist would make readers feel sort of an uncanny valley. So what's the solution? Design a typical manga protagonist for Japanese readers to latch onto and have him take the mantle of Spider-Man.

This is LITERALLY the Miles Morales treatment, and that's not a bad thing. I just hope that this manga will end up with a good story. C'mon, Japan! Surprise me!!!

Group Leader
@greyhud90

Marvel Comics is owned by Disney but Spider-man as a character is owned by Sony. We are banking on that to not get got by the mouse

Still at a loss, how did this author manage to make a more interesting story about some random stranger finding a spiderman suit more interesting than actual Spiderman comics.

Dex-chan lover
@Sterling717 Sony only has the rights to Spider-man and related characters for films. Disney has the rights to everything else, this includes comics, merchandising, and television.

Group Leader
Yuu better be a reference to, or a retelling of, Yuu Komori

Dex-chan lover
Eeehhh, not bad I guess. A nice fresh breath of air over the regular spider man comics.,

Fed-Kun's army
This aint really a manga and moreso a comic but, I APPROVE NONE THE LESS

Dex-chan lover
I'm a fan of Spidey,but I can't really read the comics (I live in the Philippines,its kinda hard to get comics).
But I just really loved Into the Spiderverse,Marvel's Spider-Man,& even the Raimi movies.
So when I saw there was a Spider-Man manga,I was honestly amazed.
And the premise is such a cool one too.

Kind reminder for everyone to PLEASE also page through the RAWs on the website mentioned in Chapter 5, preferably with your ad-blocker turned off, or even better yet buy the newer raw chapters. They're only 60 cents. The manga is not doing well in Japan, and if we can't generate enough ad revenue for it, it might get cancelled and that would be a huge shame because this is fucking amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread