Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head, I don’t want to fantasize the destruction of the British government I don’t get out get the hell out of my head

Group Leader
@practicallyuseful Damage was already done, lol. Just reported and changed all my passwords. The fucker was slick, he got into my email and blocked all emails from BoA, Paypal, Amazon. Took some time to figure that out and fixed them. Now I just have to wait for Amazon and Zazzle to refund my money back. At least now they might have the address of where these go to, so they can provide it to the police. Will they? What else is he gonna go after next...?

@IAmInPain247

4cvj5b.jpg

As if things already weren't nice, now i'm (i believe its temporarily) partially deaf and with a constant buzzing on my right ear all thanks to the car airbag that opened next to my head after a motorcycle hit between the car doors at the passenger side
At least the crash wasn't very serious and no one got hurt (besides me and my hearing ~(>_<~) )

Dex-chan lover
@lunakara if the bike is at fault and there's damage on you or your car, you should put them down in a court.

Dex-chan lover
you should sorry about your parents, too. while broken home is @practicallyuseful as a theme for a story, this kind of condition is surely not fine for kids or even a joke. you should take your siblings and yourself away from them for a time being.

@hazzack
Sadly, Covid is really restricting our movements. Thing is, my dad wasn't always home before Covid, and now that he is, all of us are having to adjust.
They got so used to long distance, they don't know how to be around each other anymore.
I want them to work things out, but it's really exhausting.

Thank you though, for replying. I can't really talk about this anywhere else so this is great.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Apply for a new credit card. You can apply online (on the app too, I personally mainly use the app), and it only takes a few minutes. If you haven't already, lock the card(s) that was/were used in the scam.

In person isn't really necessary, but waiting on the phone can be annoying lol. Just wait until your new card(s) arrive(s) in the mail until you actually cancel your old one(s).

Group Leader
Well, the debit was the one that lost the most money. Credit card, uh, maybe not. It was linked to my Amazon account, so he made a purchase and that cost money on my credit card. Replace both? XD

Also: the new address this fucker used is a warehouse. Probably so they can be shipped somewhere else. There goes my hope of tracking him down. This goddamn bastard really dug hard into my email address to know what purchases I've made. From BH, Eluktronics, Zazzle (never even bought anything there), to god knows where else. Already changed passwords for any places that are linked to my cards. Wonder what else he'll go after next...

@practicallyuseful Just saw your other post. It sucks when your parents fight in front of their children. Your father gets along well with anyone else in the family?

@LunaKara Have you checked with a doctor?

I have a BS in Cyber Ops, you most likely have malicious software on one of your internet connected devices. You need to first either completely reformat or get some virus and malware software. You also need to use 2 factor authentication on your sensitive accounts, this makes it almost impossible for people to steal from you since it’s very difficult to intercept incoming text messages or phone calls.

Dex-chan lover
I have a notification to turn on my notification even though I disabled my notification so I won't receive another notification.

Group Leader
@Qx403 I believe that might have been the case. About 2-3 weeks ago, I was trying to install "a certain" program (which I've used once before), and I think I allowed it to get past Windows Defender... Well, nothing seemed unusual, it just didn't work. Last week, the bank card thing happened, and I used MalwareBytes to wipe out 2 malwares, one trojan and another was something I forgot. Chalk it up to bad luck that I happened to be the target this time.

Maybe I should stop being cheap and pay $40/yr for MB. XD The 2-step verification is good, but not all websites offer that. Well, I'm gonna have to take that more seriously now...
I think I should change password for even these social sites as well, lol. So what's gonna happen? Are the police going to arrest whoever did this?

@pandascepter Go eat some bamboo. You're dying.

Dex-chan lover
Are the police going to arrest whoever did this?
Highly unlikely. From my understanding, the police/FBI only really actively go after the perpetrator when hardcore identity theft is involved, or there has been a data breach/hack on a large scale. Situations such as this one, where there are no real 'boots-on-the-ground' actions being taken, normally give law enforcement a very difficult time when it comes to actually tracking down the criminal.

But at least the bank will be held liable, so you don't have to pay back the money for the fraudulent charges.

If Qx403 responds to the same question tho, he'd certainly have better insight on the topic.

@Mr_Detective
Well, he gets along well enough with my brother and I. When I was younger, and he was around more, he was my hero.

But I'm not gonna lie, he's a pretty bad husband. He didn't show up for his father in law's funeral. He has a pretty bad anger issues. My mom didn't get to do a day job cause she had to take care of us, while my dad lived abroad.

When he came back, it was like trying to know some stranger. Apart from his messages, and video calls, I don't know my Dad. I guess he's feeling the same.

I just want us to get to know each other again. And I would do anything to help save our family.

Users who are viewing this thread