Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Contributor
@Richman
If you don't mind me asking, which subject? Was it a lack of interest? An incompatible teaching style that didn't mesh with your learning style?

Qy

Group Leader
My parents are stuck in a different country because their flights keep getting canceled. Im worried for the future since we dont have a lot of money but still need to pay bills and stuff. I feel like my mental health is deteriorating, I dont want to tell friends or family since they would be worried. I want to talk about my worries with others but I have attachment issues and I dont know how to react when people show me concern so I just wanted to post a rant on here to let some of it out. I know that I should probably get help but the anxiety that comes with interacting with people make me want to hide my problems.

tldr; I have a lot of stuff going on and it makes me anxious.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@justforthelulz
It was math, statistics, but only because i fucked up hard on the last test which was worth 30+% of the total score, the minimum necesary to pass is 70, i ended with 6 points short of getting minimum grade, i fucked up so hard i didn't even reach half of the test score, it was like 14 or 13. It was probably me, because the subject isn't something i dislike nor was it the teachers fault, he's super great, my classmates call him a saint.

My parents already have a lot to be concerned about, especially with the current economic situation of my country and their business and jobs being hindered by the qurantine, telling them about this would be the same as telling them about me being atheist = No bueno, total chaos. I'll have to figure it out on my own.

@Qy You havent try to talk to anyone, how do you know if youre awkward when you communicate with others ? Jst talk about it even when its hard, bein worried to anyone is human nature or you can say it as "Empathy"

If you always keep it inside, it will only hurt yourself and eventually it will hurt the people aroudn you.

@DewiAdriyanti
i think she/he do not like to worry or bother others as they have enough problems
it is easiest to talk to person who you do not have any relationship with so you know they will forget problems
it remember me the anime movie (i want to eat your pancreas)
when the female main character talk about her disease to that main male character who is expressionless

@shato01 just like what i said...... the others i meant to be are a stranger, like you going to a bar just to have a chit chat with sttanger.

Fed-Kun's army
not being able to catch a fish but also pcc instructors won't respond to me for placement in spanish summer courses. If anyone knows what conversation course I should take, I got an 8, a 6, and two 5s on my Avant Stamp test beck in february (out of 8 and you need a six on all to get the seal of biliteracy). All slots might have been filled up already though....

Double-page supporter
@Tamerlane Imagine of all the websites to contact someone over to bitch them out, fucking DEVIANTART?! The place known for it's weird fetish shit?!

And if this was years ago, what made him suddenly show up out of the blue and be like "give me my sister's shitty ring." Is she like your ex-fiancee? That's a weird thing to ask a person to keep if it broke off. Especially over a WEBSITE FOR ARTISTS.

I'd just laugh him off.
You're right about that, Tamerlane, but I wanted to clear up that my fiance was a man (now identifies as genderfluid, which to me is just a bunch of attention-seeking BS). I have no idea why my ex's brother did that, or why he didn't ask for it himself, but I can't do anything about the ring. I sold it many years ago because I needed money. I simply blocked the username and deleted the note. Not going to waste my time.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who has taken AP Stats, I can tell you for a fact that Stats is on of the hardest math classes you can take. If you tried you best, no one can really fault you for the attempt. @Richman

The best I can do is to accept it and work harder, and whatever will be will be, though that's the Daoist in me speaking again.

Dex-chan lover
I passed my AP Class with an A- for the first section and a B+ for the second. The B+ was because I got a C+ on my final even though I worked my ass off. @DewiAdriyanti

I have yet to see for the AP test

Stats is hard as fuck.

Double-page supporter
@Tamerlane I dodged a freaking asteroid, that's for sure. Now the thing bothering me are the power outages in my neighborhood. I had to give away a class to another teacher >_<.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
If you're properly addicted, there's an issue. If you want to not do it, then just occupy yourself with other things or minimize the amount of contact you have. (Assuming you're not going like 5 times a day, it's probably not an issue but just a case of hormones/youth and being stuck in quarantine/a lack of social interaction)
Yeah, I do lack social interactions

On another note,
I have a diary/log book. At first, I wrote it everyday, but it's been more than 2 months since I last wrote it. It's because work was harsh in those past 2 months. I don't know how to get back into writing it again. It's either lazy or don't have the energy/motivation to do it
I have a diary/log book to remember what I did, because I have poor memory

@KatoShuu This might sound like a huge meme, but what helps me is to just avoid the computer and doing other things (physical activites are preferred). It is by far the biggest source of urges. Aside that avoid anime/mango with lewd characters.

So when I have urges I either do house hold chores, go for a walk or ride my bicycle around the area and take pictures. In the past I would not make my bed, would only vacuum the floor quickly and only remove visible dirt. Now I take more effort cleaning and taking care of my household. I also wash my dishes with my hands and take time preparing my meals properly (less premade/microwave garbage). It was a pain in the ass to get started, but I broke through. Keeping a journal/small notebook helps. Seeing you progress motivates.

So my advice would be to pick up hobbies/things to do that don't involve using a computer/phone/screen/television (you can still use it for reference though). Check out this if you want more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/nosurf/

Users who are viewing this thread