Tenohira Kaitaku Mura de Isekai Kenkokuki: Fueteku Yome-tachi to Nonbiri Mujintou Life

Here's my summary and thoughts, for anyone wondering what it's about.

First of all, the protag is a boy who was born incredibly sick and was stuck in a hospital bed all day playing some Harvest Moon knock-off. When he died, he was reborn in a different world as the child of a priest who wants him to continue the business, so to speak. Apparently, in this world, priests are chosen by the gods by way of symbols that appear on their chests, and protag ended up chosen by what the church considers an "evil god", one which was concealed to the public and not put in any books or anything. So the soldiers tied him up and dumped him on an abandoned island full of monsters. Protag kid manages to survive, though, by making clever use of his god's blessing (which gives him a virtual-world-esque pocket dimension that he can teleport to at any time) and getting help from a mysterious girl with horns who quietly watches over him. So protag slowly developed both his pocket dimension and the island he was stranded on, eventually making new friends, like a hyperactive fox with fire magic and a little girl who can imbue life into her stuffed dolls, and also amassing a small army of what I can only describe as somewhere between Harvest Sprites and Pikmin.

Pros:
- A surprisingly-innocent isekai that hardly feels like an isekai. Don't have to worry about the common tropes of menu-managing or something.
- Cute characters with no over-sexualization. (One of the characters has a relatively-large bust, but reasonably large and not the common disproportionate anime bust.)
- A very cute art-style that works well with the comedic and cute cast of characters

Cons:
- Usually more daily fluff than plot advancement, may not keep your interest if what you're craving is lore.
- The series is very light-hearted and cute, so if you're looking for the next Goblin Slayer or something, you're probably in the wrong place.
- The translation has had a few problems with poor translation, and until today, the last translated (English, at least) chapter was 5 months ago.

That being said, I'm glad someone translated the next chapter today! Thank you for that!

Thank you very much for translating and sharing with everyone, UNOOGPATRTP! I appreciate your efforts and generosity!

BTW, good review KarmicReverie. I like it mostly because it's light-hearted and cute, so I am not disappointed about the cons you mentioned. :)

Imagine saying that a manga will never be translated and then be proved wrong the same day

First chp says unexplored land 3 months ago and shows him with castle and harem, yet hes already had a years worth or more time skip on that island and still doesn't have the full harem

Group Leader
Cover makes me think of Isekai Nonbiri Nouka (AKA Farming Isekai) which is currently being translated by LHT. I thought it would be a bit of a rip-off because of how close the themes seem to be based on the description, but I already feels like it's gonna be very different if the first chapter is anything to go by.

Thank you for picking up this great series UNOOGPATRTP, your collective efforts are making this a better world!

Users who are viewing this thread