Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita

Double-page supporter
An important question for people to consider....

Fran-san or Fran-chan??

Dex-chan lover
8/10 for me there is too many things going on at once and concept is pretty overused but story makes up for it

It really gets boring once it goes into this cooking festival arc... Like we have Toriko suddenly.... Dropping it unfortunately 😕

Dex-chan lover
TBH, after such a long time this story has ran -- it feels like every arc "just happens", there's no overall purpose or goal to anything. The characters are just going with the flow, and whatever happens, happens.
Without an actual goal to tie the characters' actions together, and it running for such a long time, the story has become extremely dull to follow...

For those that haven't heard, the web novel ended in February 2024. It finished on chapter 1308, of which the current manga chapter (ch 74) I would roughly guess to be around 130. I've read a large portion of the web novel and the first few light novels. While never straying far from the isekai power gamer formula, it had something special.

In my opinion, any enjoyment you get from this deceptively charming power fantasy is ruined when you realize the author has a clear cut formula he refuses to stray from:
(1) Protagonists arrive at a new location. (2) Some slice of life or light-hearted fun. (3) Light-hearted fun gets interrupted by some evil conspiracy. (4) Protagonists save the day and everyone loves them, before immediately leaving.

After the 5th time this happens (I'm not kidding in the slightest), you really start to wonder why all these villains decide to coincidentally enact the evil scheme they've been planning for years exactly a week or less after the protagonists show up in town. There's no explanation for this, none of these groups are connected in any meaningful way.

I really love the early bits of this series (minus the pirate arc that only happened to pad the light novels), so it really stings to see an author get so complacent when it comes to story telling. Things do get more interesting from here for a while, but nothing ever changes in the story, even when it promises it will.

Fed-Kun's army
For those that haven't heard, the web novel ended in February 2024. It finished on chapter 1308, of which the current manga chapter (ch 74) I would roughly guess to be around 130. I've read a large portion of the web novel and the first few light novels. While never straying far from the isekai power gamer formula, it had something special.

In my opinion, any enjoyment you get from this deceptively charming power fantasy is ruined when you realize the author has a clear cut formula he refuses to stray from:
(1) Protagonists arrive at a new location. (2) Some slice of life or light-hearted fun. (3) Light-hearted fun gets interrupted by some evil conspiracy. (4) Protagonists save the day and everyone loves them, before immediately leaving.

After the 5th time this happens (I'm not kidding in the slightest), you really start to wonder why all these villains decide to coincidentally enact the evil scheme they've been planning for years exactly a week or less after the protagonists show up in town. There's no explanation for this, none of these groups are connected in any meaningful way.

I really love the early bits of this series (minus the pirate arc that only happened to pad the light novels), so it really stings to see an author get so complacent when it comes to story telling. Things do get more interesting from here for a while, but nothing ever changes in the story, even when it promises it will.
Well that is.....disappointing. it has been looking like that from what I have read so far. Fran is such a cute and charming character too. But it really just has no different gear. I am up to the cooking contest, which they are somehow going to win I am guessing.

Dex-chan lover
A new cover image with Fran in a maid outfit? I approve. :thumbsup:
6ee3ec22-87b3-4d8c-b952-eb9f776ba5ac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread