Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita

Dex-chan lover
@ReaverAeon , maturity and evolution are unrelated in this setting. Fran's parents grew up and gave birth to Fran without ever evolving. Which seems to be the norm in the setting - evolved beastmen are moderately rare and respected.

@Vasqueztion - it's weirder than that. All the beastmen who mess with Fran are a single tribe - "blue catkin". Which are quite similar to Fran's own "black catkin", but comprised mostly of assholes and slavers. At some point reading the novel made me think it was somehow their racial trait, and if a blue catkin stops being an asshole he evolves into black catkin or some other cooler race. The author (much later) explains why that happened, but with the way manga is going, I would not expect it for a year at least.

@ConstantErasing , Death Mage is notable in that the MC evolves not so much into a god, as an lovecraft-style "elder god" that causes people to go mad from seeing his true shape. While somehow remaining positive and benevolent. Yeah, doesn't get much edgier. You'll probably like that if you liked Kumo desu ga.
Also its manapunk setting where people base economy on farming dungeons.
But mostly, it's just unusually well-written. Politics, religion, economics, clever people, stupid people, pragmatic people and principled people - the world(s) are full of varied and interesting things.

Dex-chan lover
THE SECRET IS REVEALED. How will our sharp hero cut himself out from this situation?

Dex-chan lover
@Mathias

i could be wrong here, cause it's been a while. but if i remember right she never actually found out he was a talking sword in the light novel.
as far as i know only two other people actually knows Master is a talking sword in the chapters that are translated to english.
might be one of the changes the manga made, like for example how she never asked to be called mom outright and only thought about it to herself because ( small spoiler )
she actually knows Fran´s real parents but is unsure if she is right as they do look and act alot alike, but she dont actually want to tell that to Fran as she fears that they are dead.
but i am looking forward to see how he talks himself out of this one ?

@TetraSky Urushi is best dog indeed.
@flannan some evolved beastkins are less rare then others as you will find out later, as there is some clans who have it easy to evolve. ( the silver/whitefox clan only needs to learn foxfire
( a common fire magic only used by them ) to evolve into 9 tails for example.

The beastskins respect strength above all else and the blue and black catkins are the weakest of the bunch right now... ( small spoiler )
And there have not been a single evolved blackcatkin in liveing memory ( and some races like elfs live pretty dam long ) and record of it is so rare they belive its just a fairytale, and because of this they are considered useless as the catkins levelcap is also really low to add insult to injury....

somewhat bigger spoilers, only read after the other two.
The blue catkin were specifically tasked by one of the previous beastlords ( king ) to enslave the blackcatkins ( and are the only once allowed too do so )and now after all these years they have grown fat and lazy to the point where no one really respects them anymore as monopolly on enslaveing a entire clan of beastkins who cant defend themselfs was really profitable, and now they take this frustration out on the black cats as they themselves are not much better off as most are to rich and lazy to bother fighting themselves and get stronger.
?

@Goldenzeal

Maybe there is a difference between the Web Novel and the Light Novel (it's not so rare, I have a few examples in head) ?
I don't really know because the LN scanlation is abandonned since April 2018...

Dex-chan lover
@Goronthil yeah thats true, stuff like overlord anime/webnovel comes to mind.
im still sad that the worker girl died like she does in the reworked version unlike in the original where she survived to become a member and later take care of her sisters who gets sold into slavery because she disappeared ?

i really liked her LN character version. but considering the only reason she survived was to become a somewhat mindbroken sex-toy to a certain vampire goth loli i can understand why they went with the Web Novel version....
at least the SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT page lived up to the hype >:D

The Web Novel of this finally got licensed. So if anyone is wanting to get into reading it there is 303 translated chapters out. Current translater is dropping it in the middle of Arc 6 (I think its Arc 6).

More news is coming soon. . .

I just started reading this today, this series is really good. Can't wait for more chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga in summary: Swordbro pledges to protect his adopted cat daughter.

Group Leader
As a heads up to anybody loosely keeping track of the *N translation, it just got licensed so it's halted and may or may not have current chapters (which extend FAR past the manga) removed.

This manga is fun... who'd have thought a giant demonic dark wolf could be so cute, though I hope it doesn't take too much attention off getting to watch Fran grow.

Dex-chan lover
@Harvester yeah..... and its going to be a long time before the licence holder is going to catch up to where they left off. not to mention it ended on a huge cliffhanger too.......

i dont know why but the fact amanda knows that he is a intelligent weapon kind of ticks me off for some reason... i mean its not going to be a huge deal in the long run...
but it just feels offput about it.....

Users who are viewing this thread