The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
before we thought the man is just some unknown monsters with all his unpredictable actions, but now we know he is just another human. this is really amazing

I was so happy to get a new chapter only to get my HEART RIPPED OUT FROM MY SOUL-

Then I just HAD TO READ SPOILERS AOJSAUHAJA
its a classic romantic tragedy alright
But legit? Idk whats next. Most likely Jinshi's past gets revealed eventually and Mao Mao has to fix whatever he asks. Idk if Mao Mao will even return Jinshi's growing affections cuz she just seems so uninterested in most matters outside of medicines, plants and drugs.

reu

Dex-chan lover
For anyone who still doubted that the "grandma" was an evil piece of shit, here is all the proff you'd ever need
Whoring out a pregnant woman who she knew would be redemed because she was with child of a influential family.
She went out of her way to destroy this girl's life and prevent cat's parents from reuniting

@Broken25
Thanks for the explanation. I had read parts of the wn a long time ago but couldn't remember anything about this. It's a shame they contrived such a half-assed 'happy end' for Mao Mao's parents.

I'm so happy for both of them 😭😭😭 although the mother probably won't have much time left, but she'll be with Rakan whom she loves dearly.

my two cents about what will happen between Mei Mei and Rakan:
1. Rakan redeem his big love Fon Shen, marry her and recognize Mao Mao as his daughter
2. Fon Shen dies after no long time
3. Rakan redeem and marry Mei Mei.
Everyone wins
Another guess:
the guard that stroke Mao Mao is taken care of by Rakan, and we will know there will be revenge.

Aggregator gang
man this hit me as hard as gintama's courtesan arc did that first time

Wow ... I also unexpectedly teared up over this chapter ... man. ;_;

For him, who could not tell people apart, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

( TTATT)

@Jesus0fSuburbia

What did you expect.

Her whole job consist in buying children, training them as prostitutes, extract as much profit as she can and they sell them to pay their "debt".

Users who are viewing this thread