The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 7 Ch. 36.2 - A Rose and Nail Polish (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@newboi He either hid that he had it or paid someone else to buy her services who had it to infect her.

@newboi He didn't.
She allowed him to knock her up after he promised to buy her. Due to family matters, he was not able make due with his promise leaving her pregnant and without value as a courtesan. To survive, she had to whore herself out like a common prostitute inevitably catching syphilis.

Dex-chan lover
so why is this old bastard obsessed with Maomao? he infected her mother, never supported either of them or ever made an effort to meet (probably) his daughter so why has he become so obsessed with her now?

@Doomer
The answer to your question lies in this chapter.
Notice something weird from the last page? Rakan could see Maomao's face clearly instead of it being Shogi/Xiangqi/Go piece like everyone else.

Fortunately (or not) i DID read this part in the wn, so I can tell there will be soon BLOOD 😄
Precious work, thank you!

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer He did make an effort to meet her, several times took him 10 Years to get into the brothel

This is medieval (?) china so do not impose sensibilities of our times on Rakan, people should be judged in context of the times people live in, Rakan prob. despises himself to some extent but we will find out soon enough

It seems mao mao knows what sort of things would hurt rakan at an emotional level

which can be hard for a logical person like who regards other people as just pieces on a board

The board has been cleared and it is the time for a showdown of the players.

@trov32

Is that fram a later chapter? Because what I've read made it seem like him knocking her up was something done without her consent in desperation when she was about to be sold to someone else.

Dex-chan lover
It's always been a mystery to me why these ostensibly Chinese people were playing Shogi. It's just that the LN author was using the word 'Shogi' but meant the Chinese game then?

Users who are viewing this thread