The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 7 Ch. 36.2 - A Rose and Nail Polish (Part 2)

@Eldistan
Courtesans have access to contraceptives. I don't know which chapter/page, but Maomao mentions that Pairin wants to be a mother, but all the contraception Pairin took through the years might make that difficult. Not sure if I remember it from a previous chapter or the WN, but Maomao mentions that the only way for a courtesan to get pregnant is if she allows it.

Group Leader
I gotta be honest, I wish I was as based as Rakan during academic and/or family reunions, hehehe.

I cannot wait for the blood festival next week.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer all he did was get her mother pregnant (mutual consent). His family then forcefully send him off far faaaar away.

When he finally got back after his parents are dead, he found his uncle is missing, his 'wife' is "mostly dead" (ln/wn differences), he got banned from the brothel and his daughter hates him

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This chapter is a good example why this manga earned an award.

It goes beyond explaining purely through words.

Dear dad, it's game on.
But know that you have already lost.

Contributor
@Official229

Thanks for the chapter. You have two verb tenses wrong though....

page 11: Grounded -> Ground

and on your notes page: sticked -> stuck.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep oh so its like that, I think this man truly loves Mao Mao mother and he just want to reconcile with her daughter. The problem is he cant (or dont know how to) express his feelings well (many hardboiled men is like this by the way, a bit stupid but its one of the man part).

@acapfer

See chapter 29.1.
The expanded explanation is
Mao Mao's mother tried to do a morbid pinky promise to Rakan along with her daughter, by cutting off their pinky fingers and mailing it to him because he couldn't fulfill his promise to marry her and ruined the brothel since she got pregnant. I believe she had second thoughts and only wounded Mao Mao's pinky. (This may be slightly inaccurate since it's been several months since I read this part in the LN translations.

Ahh i really love this manga, can't beleive there isn't any anime announcement yet 😔

Dex-chan lover
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogi

Xiangqi / 象棋 / Chinese chess .

Shogi / 将棋 / Japanese chess .

i guess the manga changed shogi to xiangqi because there is no way that ancient chinese peoples were playing japanese chess , lol .

in page 14 and onward : in his eyes , all females are white GO pieces , lower-ranking males are black GO pieces , higher-ranking males are xiangqi pieces . is this $exism ? lol . in his eyes , all females are lower-ranking than some males .

Users who are viewing this thread