The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 7 Ch. 36.2 - A Rose and Nail Polish (Part 2)

Aggregator gang
@daywithoutgames: since this has an ancient China-like theme, it's understandable that he looks down on women. Chinese (and many other countries) has always had discriminations between men and women.
This old man is hated by his biological daughter so serve him right.

Contributor
@daywithoutgames he sees them as a strategist would—based on their positions of power. The palace women hold no political role in the emperor's court, so of course he wouldn't see them as important chess pieces. And there's no "queen" role in Xiangqi, either. I'm sure for women that he does find important (i.e. his ex-lover and his daughter) he doesn't see them as go stones, as displayed at the end of this chapter.

About her pinky finger, she had the tip of it cut off and sent to the strategist, in the earlier chapters when she dreams about a woman with a knife hurting her, well yeah that happened and she's missing a part of her finger making her nail crooked when it's long enough.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much for your work on this chapter!!

I hate her father but this story is well written enough that I’m intrigued by their story and interactions.

I'm really glad that he sees his daughter as his daughter and not as a chessboard piece.

Not sure if this deviates from the webnovel, but urgh, my heartttttttt.

That old guy's love story hurts.....

Fed-Kun's army
!!!! omg a new chapter!!! i was rereading the whole thing from the beginning and i JUST noticed there was a new one!!! thank you for the update, i love this series so much <3333

OH SHIT, AN ENCOUNTER??? HERE WE GO, GIVE HIM HELL MAOMAO (i do feel somewhat bad for the old man too but... welp.) AAAAH I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, how could they leave it there falkfdlkjfsdjk CLIFFHANGER (i know what happens but still!!! maybe i should reread what's out of the webnovel, while i'm at it)

Users who are viewing this thread