The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
@Love4NovelGuy
I think, for this story anyways, it's how the girl presents herself. Beforehand, she was meek and always made herself small. She was afraid of him both mentally and physically, as he is assumingly a rough lover.
Now she stands up straight, she's more expressive, doesn't fear him mentally and as time has gone by physically; as they've done it more than "contractually approved".

Tl:Dr its heroine syndrome. She's "different". Makes her stand out more, and that uniqueness makes her attractive. Like an otome heroine.

Contributor
@Love4NovelGuy It feels like for this type of story, it's a matter of personality over appearance. While appearances can change to some extent due to presentation.
Overall these types of stories does project a sense of "the original was a failure, so me taking over is more acceptable" to varying degrees.

You are right in that for most reincarnation isekai's the MC often act contradictory to the expected norm which can help in terms of attraction by novelty. For this story I believe we can put Chloe's ability to conduct business in this category. It makes her different from the norm, but it also creates a talking point with men they won't otherwise share with a woman.
Another thing that helps her over the original, is that she has a burning passion for something (tea) and wishes to share it.

I realise that it’s the world that’s originally toxic rather than the relationships. The original pair wouldn’t have turned out that way if it weren’t for the ‘Medieval Kingdom’ setting.

Dex-chan lover
@Love4NovelGuy Weeeeellllll, to be honest, original Chloe kind of... isn’t attractive. In fact, OG!Chloe could be a pretty terrible person. Yeah, she was abused and mocked and became meek as a result, and that’s terrible, but she also lied to make herself more popular, and her cowardice and responsibility-dodging led to her pinning the blame on an innocent maid, getting that maid whipped.

Then New!Chloe hi jacked her body, and now she’s fundamentally a different person. Actually, she literally is a different person, just in the same body. In a sense, it’s not too different from the guy falling in love with one particular girl over a different girl, except in this case, both girls inhabited the same body at one point.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or Alphonse looked younger the next day 😚

Aggregator gang
Lol, I couldn't remember if they had a contract XD I guess there was a clause in it for when relations can and won't occur hahaha
Sly dog! Just rip up the darn thing already lol
Thanks for the chapter!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
The Duke is ceraintly winning.

hmmmm.... why is she so disproportionately thin? like, she's no longer slim/slender, she's just plain thin like a twig

@Kyujyu Yeah, for a second there I thought he was the duke's younger brother. ^^;; His nightly exertions must have been, er, rejuvenating? 😅

I'm sort of disappointed that Alphonse didn't actually amend their marriage contract for more nights like the one that was unfortunately not shown; it seems like the kind of thing he'd do.

When your head is bigger than your waist..

I also thought the duke rewrote their contract to allow for more sex lmao

Fed-Kun's army
She breached it first (I think). Lol! Thank you so much for this update!!

haha, why is she like that after every sex lol and alphonse's face kinda changed? thanks for the chapter 💜

Users who are viewing this thread