The Earl's Daughter Was Suddenly Employed as the Crown Prince's Fiancée - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Does no one in the magic continent know about consent? Seriously...

Dex-chan lover
Oh dear. Even without that EXCESSIVELY CREEPY MOMENT, he just screams "bad vibes".

Double-page supporter
Oooh it's finally here. Now we can learn Lynette's special condition

Thanks for the update!

Supporter
I’m guessing she’s like a magic vampire and she’s been sucking out the princess power since they met. I was worried she’d be considered a demon to the magic kingdom but I guess not. Yay. Now she just has to deal with this creepy prince

I love how she felt the need to "keep him from falling" in a room full of men who didn't feel a need to. I mean, he brought a whole entourage. I'm sure they would've helped if he really needed help. 😑Apparently she instinctively though she needed to. Cuz, logic.

In a world where the bystander effect is a thing a brave young woman stands up to do the right thing and try to help someone in need, honestly she probably was the only one who could rank and position wise, r who knows if maybe his entourage can't touch him without his permission and so couldn't help him and any of the people from the other side can't approach either to avoid looking like a treath, Lynnete being a woman wouldn't be immediately thought as a threat and being the prince's fiancee (thought not officially yet) has a rank to technically touch him without permission.

Wow. Props on the author. In the last chapter I gushed a bit about how I really enjoyed it, with my only complaint that it seemed unreasonable to only have one day to prepare for foreign royalty, but brushed it off as maybe magic did it. What's the first thing they do this chapter? Have the MC comment on how unreasonable this situation is, then the others offer an excuse of magic did it. It may be a bit flimsy from a world-building perspective, but it's plausible enough that it works to create the situation the author clearly wanted, where the characters basically had this dropped on them with almost no time to prepare. Heck they even had the visitors apologize for the sudden meeting and seems they weren't entirely well prepared themselves (otherwise they probably would have had someone the Prince would trust to carry the box, well, carry the box), so there could be a good reason that this was all so short notice. Definitely bumps things up a bit in my book where the author may know what they want to do, but they think things through and tries to make sure that it works.

Edit: @Teelaish I think that part of the issue is that no one else realized he was going to fall, but because Lynnette has seen enough kids carrying stuff like that during harvests she knew how to tell when someone was going to fall, allowing her to jump into motion before he had fully fallen. Seems reasonable enough to me that no one else in this room would have a lot of experience in knowing when someone would lose their balance like that.

Dex-chan lover
Contract?!?! He was trying to use magic on her!!!
Many thanks

I'm guessing she's a nullifiyer or something? And that the Prince has the same condition as Isaaac?
But seriously, what's with that "slide"? That better be his nose or Lynette you have to wash your arm 5 times at least!

@shanoc5902 look I have read so many mangas and novels with court politics that everything is 4th dimensional chess to me now, it doesn't have to be right but I certainly have more fun reading like that.

Users who are viewing this thread