The Earl's Daughter Was Suddenly Employed as the Crown Prince's Fiancée - Ch. 13

@shanoc5902 Oh, you must be referring to the one with the FL who can read people's auras (unless she wears glasses) and the prince with the too-bright aura and his manipulative aide who is perfectly willing to have the FL declared a traitor if she doesn't do as they say (not that the prince protests too much 🙄). The only good thing about that story is the friendship the FL strikes up with the other bridal candidates (unfortunately here Lynette doesn't really have friends), but everything else is this story but much, much worse.

Dex-chan lover
@CrusaderJerome Maybe I'm a super sensitive ninny but I'm disappointed in how that series ruined itself in two chapters. Its premise is supposed to be comical but the ML is such a suffocating putz and he has all the power. That didn't sit right with me.

Supporter
So how did it go from he confesses his love for her, and hers for him, and wanting to be together forever, to them not being fake engaged anymore, to them being re-fake-engaged? Do they have to have some kind of wild betrothal ceremony to make it For Realsies? Do the King and Queen not give a damn what's going on? If she was publicly introduced as his fiancee, why the subterfuge instead of just being like "Hey, Lynette's gonna be the Queen someday". Unless they intend to get all "jk the Prince called it off with the lady nobody actually knew" or something. Weird.

I hope they clarify her powers to annulment over other magicians cause that's a way better explanation than "not like the other girls".

Dex-chan lover
aw that was pretty cute. i don't mind the whole she-isn't-actually-his-fiancee-for-real-again because as that guy said, they wanna respect lynette's choice because being the crown prince consort is no laughing matter 😓 at the very least, they're not blackmailing her this time. now lynette is voluntarily helping this ditz of a prince with his affairs. @shanoc5902 's comment has got it down to pat 👌

@CrusaderJerome @someunregpunk I don't think so, I'm referring to the one that @trimurti3 talked about, or "Dazzling Prince!" if you want to look it up, to avoid getting too spoilery (still going to tag it just incase),
imagine if in this chapter instead of asking the MC to be a Faux Fiance again, the aide tricked her into signing a contract where she had to be the Prince's Fiance until the Aide said she could go home, and if she tries to escape then her and her whole family will be labelled as traitors to the country, and when the Prince finds out he goes, "Seriously? Well there's nothing I can do about it. You really should have read the contract better. I'm just happy I get to spend more time with you!"

It just really left a sour taste in my mouth even though I recognized it was meant as a joke and that it wasn't supposed to be taken super seriously, so when I saw that this chapter honestly had a pretty similar setup but was handled in a way that strengthened everyone's characterization I think, while still keeping in a few jokes (I found that little bit with the Prince calling the Aide the brother in law and the Aide saying he wouldn't give up his "sister" pretty funny myself, and it served to help take the MC out of the spotlight when she was feeling rather overwhelmed), I couldn't help but gush over it a bit because it helped validate my beliefs by showing a way to handle a very similar situation that I actively enjoyed.

I just think its funny/sad that @shanoc5902 referenced a manga where the MC was forced into being with the prince and there were multiple guesses as to which specific manga was being referenced. Gotta love the overbearing shoujo love interest.

That was a ton of fluff in one chapter wow I’m like aching 😂😂😂😂 gosh they’re so cute even without being official whyyyyyy ugh

Fed-Kun's army
@banich1 See, the description he gave fit just about perfectly with the things we mentioned. Shojo manga has gone downhill smh

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for the chapter!!
I'm kinda glad they didn't magically make his trauma go completely away, makes it a bit more realistic

Dex-chan lover
@Gotham2298 I was betting wife or sister, so I struck out.

I was ROFL by the "I won't give up my sister!" line.

And personally, I think this might be the only time I've seen the reluctant fiancee situation done in a way that they did seem to be respecting the girl's rights from the beginning. They certainly didn't avoid taking advantage of the pressure she was under due to her lower rank, but I'm not sure if it was done consciously. She has an inferiority complex that is creating a lot of that pressure for herself without them recognizing it.

okay, this chapter is good enough for an arc opening

still ambivalent whether they should close the book on the previous chapter or continuing it

@Elandriel It seems that Lynette can't even begin to think of herself as someone worthy of becoming a queen, since she compares herself to Isaac's mother in this chapter and was like 'no way am I at that level!' It's one thing to love and be loved by the crown prince, but it's quite another to actually take on the role of the future king's consort with all the problems that would appear (which is why she's even in hiding at Reynald's family home to begin with). Isaac and Reynald are being incredibly considerate of Lynette's feelings by not making her officially betrothed, but since Isaac still has his trauma it's just more convenient to put her back in her role and she can see for herself if this is a life she wants for herself. I really like the thoughtfulness that's going into this new arc.

TBH I thought they'll get married in a chapter or two. But this is an opening to another arc isn't it? Well. ok.

Users who are viewing this thread