The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Pamela Francis

Fed-Kun's army
OH OH!!! SO THAT'S THEIR CONNECTION!!! destroy them all tbh, they're all garbage

thank you very much for the update~

Dex-chan lover
@WhoCares
Was it really cultural pressure?
The whole thing was orchestrated, and the people in the know are taking sides.
Would uninvolved onlookers have said anything? I'd think they wouldn't have cared really.
There's also the setting that most of these people are nobles and sons and daughters of nobles who have to be careful with what they say.

Without seeing what happened, can you say who was the victim here? Would it be prudent to take defense of anyone without evidence yourself? Would you risk putting your own house at a bad position for a careless remark?

This is just speculation...but what if the fiance's dad had a hand in making the MC's dad accumulate that much debt? Like, he could have collaborated with those so-called "friends" to take advantage of the viscount's personality to get him sinking in debt, then come to the rescue by offering a deal that benefits both their houses. I mean, the timing is rather convenient.

Dex-chan lover
Is funny because you can skip like 20 pages here without reading, just seeing their faces is enough and who would want to read what that bitch had to say? the moment she took the hair ornament I just clicked away to the last pages xP because it was super predictable

Dex-chan lover
...what if her purse was too small and she just held it in her hand the whole time?

@yumungmei I thought the same, but so far all the conspiring can be blamed on Pamela though the fiancee is clearly unloyal. Maybe it's just in his nature as a pretty boy.

@jonsmth You'd be surprised. In social psychology it's well documented as the bystander effect. When a large crowd is gathered, responsibility is so diffused, everyone assumes someone will step in so they don't need to act themselves. The result is an entire apartment complex can witness a murder being committed and no one calls 911 because literally everyone assumes someone was taking care of it.

At the same time there's a strong pressure to not stand out and wait until you know what the room consensus is before speaking. It takes the first brave person to step up before anyone else feels ready to corroborate.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad
The person I reacted to suggested the situation as something unique to Japanese culture, and that the author supposedly projected his culture to a European fantasy world.

I argued that it could be simply that these are nobles who have a responsibility to protect their reputation, and therefore have to look after themselves.

As you say, it is very much the bystander effect, but the manga provided enough evidence (very much so in the next chapter) to have a logical explanation why things went the way it did even without labeling it as the bystander effect.

Honestly I do not like weak protagonists. Whenever they’re getting bullied and overreact it gets quite annoying for me. Trust me I’m just like this girl shy and unconfrontational but I would not stand there letting them accuse me. Instead of saying anything to them I’d take the brooch and sell it as to prove them right. They got what they wished for. At least the girl saved her in time. I hope her character develops into a more mature and confident person with the influence of the ghost woman.

Dex-chan lover
she’s hunching her back.

it’s confirmed.

it’s cannon.

the lady who died at the beginning suffered from back pain.

you can not argue this with me, i just proved it fact.

boy.

Contributor
The comeback is real
Even if you had to borrow that power, get your revenge, girl

Dex-chan lover
Pamela done fucked up! GET HER SCARLET, GET THAT BITCH!!!!!

Yuri off the table, but story still dope.

Smh Brenda, like I get it, but smh. Also smh at that boy

Users who are viewing this thread