The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Pamela Francis

Aggregator gang
Oh, I guess she is the only one who can see her, let her possess her body and do some detective work.

Group Leader
what's with the cleaning lol. you can see the different color of the speech bubbles and the cleans that go over them

also neat. she's being possessed. lit.

@sherlock0790 They signed on as a guarantor, basically it's someone using House Grail's reputation to get a loan they would otherwise be refused. If the person getting the loan fails to pay it off then as the guarantor House Grail is legally required to pay the debt. Though the author is stretching the house's trait of "honesty" to absurd levels of naivete, simply because they are honest doesn't mean they should assume everyone else is when they approach them with such requests.

Fed-Kun's army
i wish mc could stand up for herself but ig she's cinderella and her prince charming ( in this case princess lmao) is going to come save her

@IceCubed i dont think its that the audience is too dumb but like no one is willing to help someone of low ranking + go through the trouble of defending the mc from someone who is high up in the rankings and is known and very likeable + and the mc doesnt even have ppl on her side
but yeah this chap was mad frustrating because i wish the mc would at least take notice that brenda is obviously one of the girls ppl and will probably take advantage of her

Fed-Kun's army
I think there’s some cultural views in play here that are making the onlookers in the denouncement scene look worse: mainly, it looks a lot like a Japanese bullying scene.

As those are usually explained, onlookers are known to have difficulty speaking up in defense of victims because the cultural focus on harmony means that “ending” discord as fast as possible is often more important than resolving disagreements in ways that leave everyone satisfied, so people who speak up in defense of the victims are, in a way, “at fault” for contributing to the discord caused by an argument. If they don’t manage to turn public opinion in their favor, they are viewed negatively, and can become just as much of a target as the original victim.

Of course, (fantasy) Europe has no such cultural pressure, so if the author wanted it to be understood as such in an internally consistent way, they probably should have mentioned it in the setting details.

@pandaman1982 The word honesty is being used for here is “seijitsu” (誠実), which according to my dictionary also contains meanings of sincerity and faithfulness. Her dad’s poor judgement of people is likely due to the latter definition of their motto.

People are not evil, but conniving with the situation. They are afraid of being dragged and called crime partners.

Society is evil not people.

Dex-chan lover
yooo im following now. sad that the other female lead is a ghost (?) or spirit, but hey i'm down with two women uplifting each other and roasting people together

Annulment is exactly what she needs. Too bad she has to be made a spectacle just to get it. That snake bitch can have him.

But I wish MC could've stood her own ground. But now that she's possessed, all of a sudden, everything is gonna change....

Dex-chan lover
OHOHOOHHOOHOHOHOHOHO
*wicked villainess laugh* let us see how the tides will turn
Many thanks

Group Leader
@TheMode
It's time to d-d-d-duel

bLIAkId.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread