The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Wait a minute, I recognize this scene with prince breaking the engagement from a different manga, is this some sort of spin-off?

Dex-chan lover
@BagramPl I feel like that summarizes like 50% of villainess series intros, that said if it's more than that I'm curious too. Doesn't seem like the artists or the author have similar stuff, at least not on mangadex.

Yeah but the similarity is way too big. The engagement canceled at party, the fmc being accused of harrasing the other girl, those three guys showing up as a witnesses. I may have to look for the other manga to make sure but it really does seem similar.

Aggregator gang
"I'm gonna forge my own path!" said the brat that's gonna succeed daddy's throne. Hope he's prepared for political shitstorm.

Double-page supporter
Artist: Kisaragi Yuri

Ahh, yes.
It's always a good sign when the artist bears the same name as the genre.

Also:
Older sister?!
Shit, usually it's a younger sister thing.

The whole engagement annulment is stolen from Koushaku manga?

It is really painful to read

Contributor
@maitawa:

Er, I don't know if you've been paying attention to the whole "villainess" sub-genre, but opening with dramatic-fiancee-breakup-over-ostensible-bullying is just any old Tuesday in shoujo-isekai-land these days, and this is as utterly generic as it gets (like, my eyes sort of glazed over at the description of how their breakup came to be). As these things so often go, regardless of ultimate origin, any one person is not stealing it from any other one person in particular at this point, having become more like something floating around in the collective fandom conciousness. ~w~;

(The "twist" here is a relatively inspired mash-up of the engagement-annulment plot and "I wanna learn magic" (usually-)shounen isekais via a (prospective?) yuri couple between their respective protagonists. Not exactly likely to become a literary masterpiece, but potentially extremely fertile ground for good dumb fun.)

Users who are viewing this thread