The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 59

So yeah, the whole "Leslie being made to make childish mistakes for the sake of plot convenience" was actually planned from the start and was addressed here. Can we stop hating on Leslie for making a mistake that any kid her age would make now? Or blindly claiming the writers made the characters artificially stupid? I had faith the creators of this comic wouldn't do something if they weren't going to actively make use of it.

But I do seriously have to wonder: Why is Ria claiming Leslie loved her? I hope at least Leslie manages to call her out on her bullcrap. That nanny is a gaslightning, delusional idiot. I can't imagine Leslie wanting anything to do with her after the shit she pulled on her.

Dex-chan lover
@MapleTreeWithAGun
If we're talking worse-than-death here, I think the best form is a multi-layered punishment.

They clearly value and have personal pride in their image over all else, so the best punishment is to shatter that image

* Make them mutes (so they can't threaten anyone anymore)
* Remove their ability to use magic (such as how they did for Leslie except permanently)
* Strip them of their titles, property, name, power, and all possessions (including clothes)
* Taboo the name/word Sperado, so that it can never be seen in a positive light ever again
* Permanently affix collars to both of them with a short chain attached
* Hook their chains up to a post in a very public place, specifically one where all tiers of wealth in the society travel through
* Publicly denounce/renounce their nobility, state their actions, and declare them to no longer be considered people
* Let the public deal with them, since they will never be leaving that post (actively watched by a guard too, so no escaping or getting help)

Dex-chan lover
@ekattor Eli
is rescued by the Queen (blue-haired lady) and escapes. Dad's still a mystery, but perhaps he escapes as well. This is based on reading the raw for the last chapter of this season, not sure what happens in the novels.

EDIT: Okay, translated the last chapter that BlackLotusScans did in Spanish.
The Marquess is demoted to commoner status and is imprisoned in the most secure jail. Eli is allowed to remain in the capital to take part in the Arabella test, but that is literally her only lifeline- if she fails (or tries to kill her sister again), she'll share the same fate as her father.

Contributor
As someone who read the novel...
The marquess imprisonment was shitty af.
Eli will show up again during the Arabelle final test but she's barely even a part of the story compared to rn.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't understaand why the queen would ever support such fools. I think telling the absolute truth would have been a safer bet. Blame the upbringing that has been passed down 100s of years

Dex-chan lover
thank god Leslie didn't inherit the Sperado genes and instead the will of her predecessors, the Sperado family is gross. wish the wife was there too

Double-page supporter
"I wanted to run away from my work". The emperor is really chill lol.

Aggregator gang
Disgusting to the end lol

At least we get cute time with Leslie and Konrad.

Just kill those cockroaches already man, they are clear enough for attempted murder, like what the hell....

Konrad is the ML, right? Goodness gracious, they look cute together and they also blushed 😆

Such a fool, even tought they can live quetly, they choiced to try it once again. they think if eli got the power, the sperado's will be saved? its not that easy

Ga ada otak

@Juliko The ex-nanny is spouting that crap because she (somehow) expects the Salvatore will treat her well and hire her, giving her a way to escape the Sperado's house and have a better life. She got the idea after the other servants said "she had the opportunity to leave the house since the young miss was attached to her".

Of course we all know Leslie is very unlikely to give her a 2nd chance, as she already stated she will kick her out as soon as she goes back. Even if she does, that woman won't have anything close to a "good" position among the servants.

Users who are viewing this thread