The Perks of Working in the Black Magic Industry - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - The Start of Beach Season at Lightstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
h8trs gonna h8 but fukkem cuz it's worth,
tiddies aren't the primary focus here, just the spice...

Who am I kiddin' ass&tiddies for lyf brah.

Dex-chan lover
Koolio i understand you on the wishfullfilment
thier great guilty pleasures

Fed-Kun's army
I always find it intresting to see that ppl who want freedom of speech usually want to ban unloved opinions in the same sentence 😅 Kind of smells like hypocricy at its finest^^

Appreciate the translation and the positivity you bring as always, Koolio. Also appreciate the message of Wakamono. Gimme that good work-life balance.

Dex-chan lover
I don't read manga for politics nor care if they are trying to say such things. As for the hate speech that doesn't particularly matter, who cares if people say it...it's just words unless it's those people that literally say it all the time and can only say words like that. Those guys just have problems :V

Contributor
While I don’t necessarily agree to the intensity of the scanslator’s political views, it is correct that this manga does focus on workplace politics and, therefore, you can’t just separate it from the anime tiddy.

For instance, this whole debacle started with the manga arc where Franz went to the land he lords over, and had to settle a dispute between the elders who wanted to revitalize their town and the native swamp people. While I’m at a loss as to how it transformed into a discussion about immigration, the fact is that this series was created due to the author’s dislike of Japan’s current work ethic, which is partially the cause of their declining birth rates. This arc most likely will deal with Japanese youths and the expectations their parents set on them, and how that may be different from their current paths.

Again, I don’t think it needed a big block of text at the end, but this is a rare case where it is more than just wish fulfillment for the reader - it’s wish fulfillment for society as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread