The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 25 Ch. 103 - Trash and the Hakuko

Dex-chan lover
The anime never hinted that Trash's sister was kidnapped and raped... I sure hope that wasn't the case. Kidnapped, perhaps, but genuine love woulda been nice.
You sir, were actually correct iirc. It really was a case of genuine love in regards to her sister and the hakuko she married that gave birth to Atla and Fohl.

Dex-chan lover
Not poisoning his son?
wait a tick, I don't recall them ever saying he had a son and, as was mentioned before, the royal family is matriarchal and passed down to daughters. Bitch was the original heir. As I recall, his hatred for Siltvelt started with his family being assassinated by them (the first time). Family in this case being siblings and parents, leaving only him and his blind little sister. He went to his cousin, the king of Faubrey and the one bitch gets sent to as punishment, to get his help but he ignored him because he instigated the assassination in the first place to weed out challengers to the throne. So he went to Melromark to join their military since they were already at war with Siltvelt.

Fed-Kun's army
wait a tick, I don't recall them ever saying he had a son and, as was mentioned before, the royal family is matriarchal and passed down to daughters. Bitch was the original heir. As I recall, his hatred for Siltvelt started with his family being assassinated by them (the first time). Family in this case being siblings and parents, leaving only him and his blind little sister. He went to his cousin, the king of Faubrey and the one bitch gets sent to as punishment, to get his help but he ignored him because he instigated the assassination in the first place to weed out challengers to the throne. So he went to Melromark to join their military since they were already at war with Siltvelt.
Like much of the background information of this series, the son and his fate were originally introduced in Redo of the Spear Hero. There's some interesting stuff in there, but there are also pretty heavy spoilers for the WN version and it's all told from the POV of Motoyasu after he goes completely bonkers.

Group Leader
Me failing at simple mah aside, "demi" can mean "half", so "demi-human" can be literally translated to "half-human".
No, even in this case a demi-human is not a half human, a human did not impregnate an animal. Demi-humans are called demi-humans because they look like humans.

Dex-chan lover
No, even in this case a demi-human is not a half human, a human did not impregnate an animal. Demi-humans are called demi-humans because they look like humans.
Come on, man, surely 103 chapters into Shield Hero i'd know what demi-human really means.
Sheesh, can honest man even make a joke in this trying times?

Dex-chan lover
what the hell is Hakuko?
White Tiger or something in Japanese reading, the origin of name came from previous shield hero
Naofumi actually commented how simple the guy naming sense since other 3 noble that made 4 noble house of siltvelt based on 4 cardinal beast

Dex-chan lover
It's from Reprise of Spear Hero, during Motoyasu shenanigans plenty of background information is revealed. Such as Motoyasu having a thing for filolials too, he had a filolial somewhere during Naofumi Bio Plant arc, but it died rather quickly "due to illness" but the way it died looked exactly like the way older brother of Melry did. She explained Motoyasu the events when he rescued her from Bitch assassination attempt similar to the original story. Bitch has a thing for poisoning anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's from Reprise of Spear Hero, during Motoyasu shenanigans plenty of background information is revealed. Such as Motoyasu having a thing for filolials too, he had a filolial somewhere during Naofumi Bio Plant arc, but it died rather quickly "due to illness" but the way it died looked exactly like the way older brother of Melry did. She explained Motoyasu the events when he rescued her from Bitch assassination attempt similar to the original story. Bitch has a thing for poisoning anything.
ah, I haven't read the spear hero side story since the early attempts to translate the web novel. Been waiting for the light novel to get to that part before reading any official versions but the light novels been on hiatus for years (about 5 now I think) last I recall. Didn't even notice that the reprise finished and was fully released in english. No wonder I'm out of the loop.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda does. It mostly ends with him realizing what a complete and utter tool he was. He remains "Trash" but stops being a hateful spiteful dick for the sake of it...........it serves in contrast to the bitch who gets EVEN WORSE
Well it is hard to fix someone who has been a pos their entire life vs someone who was once good.

Dex-chan lover
I think Naofumi should have better taking Murder Pierrot in, to keep a close watch of her and gain more information. Sure he has the right to be cautious and paranoid, but let her roam loose may trigger unforeseen event, and maybe she's really in danger and want to seek refuge. Thing is, if some stronger entities want him dead, they don't need to resort to slit his throat in his sleep, they can just attack his village directly.

Dex-chan lover
ah, I haven't read the spear hero side story since the early attempts to translate the web novel. Been waiting for the light novel to get to that part before reading any official versions but the light novels been on hiatus for years (about 5 now I think) last I recall. Didn't even notice that the reprise finished and was fully released in english. No wonder I'm out of the loop.
Recommend it, manga is good too.
Menu of Shield Hero, which is not ahead of neither anime nor manga is a good fill in with missing content too. Part where Motoyasu is at the cooking table hit me close to home and can change the opinion on the poor guy, his "simping" post isekai has a good reason I believe.

Yeah, the author is focusing on a NTR story I heard, so everything else is on hiatus. Who hurt her?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well it is hard to fix someone who has been a pos their entire life vs someone who was once good.
Not whole life, few hard to scoff off events made him like that.
Our main character, Naofumi, also had a change to bad and he is far from getting out of it, yet we're cheering on.

Dex-chan lover
I think Naofumi should have better taking Murder Pierrot in, to keep a close watch of her and gain more information. Sure he has the right to be cautious and paranoid, but let her roam loose may trigger unforeseen event, and maybe she's really in danger and want to seek refuge. Thing is, if some stronger entities want him dead, they don't need to resort to slit his throat in his sleep, they can just attack his village directly.
That's Naofumi for ya, if you can't slip a Slave Crest on you're not to be trusted, it's a fair point to some extent but it looks like paranoia a bit.

To not spoil, she might not slit his throat, but...

Dex-chan lover
yeah they're half human, half demi-human

so they're semi-demi-human

its funny they totally skipped this in the anime
edit: web novel is superior, light novel was aimed for mass market appeal

Users who are viewing this thread